What would you charge?

Patric Mudge

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I'm doing a favour for family. I have to clear 600 meters of fence back by 4 ft from the fence. Its mostly blackthorn and hedging elm that's bout 6-8 inches across at the base and a lot of bramble. The whole lot is then being shredded back into the hedge.
I also have 8 trees to climb, rig and drop the lowest two or three branches as they have rubbed and snapped etc.

Not having cleared hedging before on this sort of scale I have no idea what you would usually charge for this sort of work (obviously it's free in this case) but it would handy to know for future.

Here's what the hedge is like before. Its behind the electric fence but engulfing the barbed wire fence that needs to be cleared:

And this is what it's like after just to give an idea:

For every 5 meters about this much material is ripped out:

This is the size of tree that has to be climbed, rigged and the two lowest branches on the left have to be dropped. There's 6-8 of these to do:

Thanks guys!

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you have any access to mechanical help? Tractor or skid steer. I would look into a forestry mower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very easy to underestimate the time that it would take to do a job like this, depends on how many people you have working with you, I would say at least five days would be my best guess from what I see.