What really grinds my gears!!!

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then you get those people flashing their brights at you because they think your normal headlights are too bright when they are half as bright as the lights people use nowadays, and being blue, are no easier to see with. Our eyes need warm colors.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
2:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lazy delivery guys! I was sitting at the desk when my pup starts barking at something in the front yard, since my new set of tires were supposed to be delivered today I figured the guy must have shown up. I look out the door, nobody's in sight. (Brief note, I live off a pubic road with a 100-150' driveway with a 90 degree turn about 20 feet in and a gate about a car's length off the main road.) I keep looking, turns out the delivery guy has stopped next to the OPEN gate and is leaving my $1200 set of tires 15 feet off a public road!!!!!!! IN PLAIN VIEW OF THE ROAD!!!!!!! :eyepop: Needless to say I'm pretty pleased with my mutt as she quite probably saved my tires from being stolen.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
5:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lazy delivery guys! I was sitting at the desk when my pup starts barking at something in the front yard, since my new set of tires were supposed to be delivered today I figured the guy must have shown up. I look out the door, nobody's in sight. (Brief note, I live off a pubic road with a 100-150' driveway with a 90 degree turn about 20 feet in and a gate about a car's length off the main road.) I keep looking, turns out the delivery guy has stopped next to the OPEN gate and is leaving my $1200 set of tires 15 feet off a public road!!!!!!! IN PLAIN VIEW OF THE ROAD!!!!!!! :eyepop: Needless to say I'm pretty pleased with my mutt as she quite probably saved my tires from being stolen.
Bought a chainsaw (imagine that...) from hungary. Thing made it all the way here in 6 days, and then the fed-ex guy couldnt figure out our driveway and so just set the box on the side of the road.

Nathan lassley

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was driving the equipment operator truck at work because I had nothing to drive and it needed miles, cleaned it up, put All of the ratchet straps back in the tool box, and got rid the junk in that thing. Drove it about a week and a half, came back from my weekend and boss man took the keys because he finally saw the bumper and tow hook damage that happened a year ago. He figured I ran into a truck. All of our trucks are the same color and height and not one is built strong enough to bend a tow hook and dent a bumper without significant damage... But what is strong enough is a ten wheeler with a lowboy trailer backing up and the operator forgetting where he parked the truck he just unloaded.

I reported damage to a truck I wasn't driving(me and the camphost heard him hit rocks) because I saw a smashed section under the door a mangled vapor canister, and that person nearly destroyed the hydraulic pump for the dump bed on that truck, they didn't even get talked to about it, I loose my truck just for showing up to work. Last week I spent 45 minutes of my Thursday morning underneath the vacuum truck fixing the PTO cable because it *f-worded off at the first porta pot, let those that needed to know know to get the part and went on to finish my porta pot cleaning. I came back Sunday and it's not replaced or even ordered for that matter.

Thursday our water and sewer treatment guy used the truck but had issues disengaging the PTO our mechanic (who I told previously) checks it out and orders the part. I'm just looking at him like yeah I told you this last week when I asked when am I getting my truck back so I do the *s-word that no one else is going to do here. Took the truck in the afternoon and had to readjust the PTO cable after everything got warmed up driving, no biggie.

Another thing that happened Thursday is someone dumped off their kitten they had just got. Super cute and friendly, it came up to me just wanting someone to love on. That cat didn't do anything to that person but they just abandoned it because they didn't want it. luckily a guy fishing saw it and took it to a new home so that turned to a bright spot.

Last edited:

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It happens all the time.
I have a 50cc kids atv my girls dont use anymore. Posted it for sale. Firm on price stated in ad.
Guy emails me. Says he will give me $100 less. I say no. He then emails me 3 more times, each time knocking $25 off his original offer. If he wouldnt have been a knob, I probably would have sold it for his first offer.
I never replied.
If I'd have known that I wouldn't have kept emailing you about it. Lol

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Government agencies that are too big, too fat, and too powerful.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a coworker no-call no-show for at least 5 days and additionally on one day he showed up 4+ hours late, worked 1/2 an hour, and left. Today was day 6 or 7 of him not showing up and I figured he was gone for good. When the boss would text him an hour plus after he was supposed to show up he'd have an excuse, but still never show. As a high-ranking employee I told the boss if he showed up again I'd tell him to turn around and leave, he's through. So today he walks in about 11:30, "Hey, how's it going?" As I was getting ready to tell him to leave, my boss came up to me and quietly muttered, "Corporate said we both need to just bite our tongues and not fire him." So, I took my lunch and then left for the day. I can not sit 3 feet away from someone who forked me over badly for a week and just go 5 hours without losing it. If, when you do show up you ignore answering phones (our only job) and keep texting on your cellphone, then no-call no-show for over a week you should be mother-trucking FIRED!

tl;dr: My helper didn't show up for work for over a week, didn't call in any of the days, then just showed up 3.5 hours late today and acted like nothing ever happened and wanted to be buddies so I left early. And I can't fire him per corporate. F-word that f-ing m-fer.

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
6:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doing 25-30 on the highway…. Should be 50-55 at least.

View attachment 339801
I find that infuriating and selfish as fugg. Just as bad as tailgaters IMO. World doesn’t revolve around them and they can gtfo with their moseying on around when other people got chit or work to do. Seems I can’t just go the speed limit either a tailgate or some goof going really slow

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a coworker no-call no-show for at least 5 days and additionally on one day he showed up 4+ hours late, worked 1/2 an hour, and left. Today was day 6 or 7 of him not showing up and I figured he was gone for good. When the boss would text him an hour plus after he was supposed to show up he'd have an excuse, but still never show. As a high-ranking employee I told the boss if he showed up again I'd tell him to turn around and leave, he's through. So today he walks in about 11:30, "Hey, how's it going?" As I was getting ready to tell him to leave, my boss came up to me and quietly muttered, "Corporate said we both need to just bite our tongues and not fire him." So, I took my lunch and then left for the day. I can not sit 3 feet away from someone who forked me over badly for a week and just go 5 hours without losing it. If, when you do show up you ignore answering phones (our only job) and keep texting on your cellphone, then no-call no-show for over a week you should be mother-trucking FIRED!

tl;dr: My helper didn't show up for work for over a week, didn't call in any of the days, then just showed up 3.5 hours late today and acted like nothing ever happened and wanted to be buddies so I left early. And I can't fire him per corporate. F-word that f-ing m-fer.

That kinda of reminds, me in my late 20's I was foreman at a sheetrock company, I had 3 guys under me, we were working a big commercial job near Milwaukee. This one guy always showed up late, 10:30 or 11:00 am, sometimes he wouldn't even show up for 2-3 days at a time. Then he would come strolling in like nothing happened.....

I tried talking to him really nice & polite several times. It did not work. I talked to the owner of the company, he talked to the worker. It helped for a few weeks, guy showed up on time, most of the time, only a few times he's was 10-15 minutes late. Pretty good thou considering his past record. Owner of the company told me if he starts making a habit of showing up late again, that I could fire him.

Month or so goes by, he's back to square one, showing up at 10:30 or 11:00. I lost it, and went off on him told him he was a worthless blank.... and he was fired. He left the job, hour or so later, in comes the owner with said worker.

Owner, asks did you call him a blank?

Me, yes I did

The owner fired me, said he didn't want a lawsuit on his hands over a racial slur, he was not going to stand for it....

Then he turned and fired the worker for always showing up late.

Adam & Ben two other guys on the crew, who I had trained from greenhorns, both said if Matt's leaving we are going with him....and they started packing up the tools.

Owner said just great I lost the entire crew, he threw his hands in the air, and he left the job-site.

Few hours later I'm sitting in my garage having a few beers. Up pulls the owner of the company in my driveway. He said I only fired you as I did not want a lawsuit over the racial slur, I had no choice, I understand why you said what you did, and if I was in your shoes I probably would've said the same thing. But we need to watch what we say and choose our words more carefully. Be on the job-site tomorrow at 7:30 I can't afford to loose you, you're one of my top production guys.

I smiled and said that's all well & good, but technically I don't work for you anymore. If you want me back, I want a $3 per hour raise on my hourly rate, and .50 cents tacked on my square footage rate. I'm sure any of your competitors would love to have me & my crew on their payroll.

Owner gave me the raise. :)

Last edited:

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work in auto parts, and I really hate getting questions like "It's a '95 or 2013, the year doesn't really matter though, does it?" "Why won't a six lug rotor work on my 5-lug truck and just have an extra hole?" "I'm not sure what the part is, but it's on the top of the motor." "Why doesn't your auto parts store stock parts for my boat?" "My car runs funny, what part do I need?" "Why does it matter if it's a gas or a diesel, 2 or 4 wheel drive, or a 283 or 454?" "Why do parts cost so much?" "Will you guys fix my car for me in the parking lot?"