What oil is best? and what ratio?

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
11:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m fully cognizant of that. Hence my comment that nobody here really takes this thread seriously anymore, and this isn’t directed at you @Wilhelm

I just found it interesting that ol Tom the spoon man aka @Vintage Engine Repairs would be on here bashing an oil based on his “experience.” He was recently seen on Another Site preaching how great Stihl ultra was. Like just a few weeks ago.

When Dominator was shown to him as superior he allegedly ordered some. Then not long after he’s bashing it here. Too soon after for him to have had any real experience with it, and getting his knickers all twisted when he got static about it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Personally I don’t care what oil anyone runs. I like Dominator, Schaeffers, dolmar, Castrol go, etc…. You’re going to maybe like something else and that’s okay.

However, if you’re going to come on here and be an idiot and troll I’m going to call a spade a spade and call you out on it. It’s pretty much in the job description. You’re probably going to get your feelers hurt and maybe even do a little time in band camp. Depending on how much of an idiot you are😉
Don't forget test running saws involved him making a test cut in a log in his back yard or three cuts in a log in the outskirts of town.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just face it, any good 2 stroke oil mixed with e-free at correct ratio will work just fine. No oil just gas causes a problem. And?
Except you have to have the carb tuned properly. it can't be overly lean and if it's overly rich, you'll just have oil squirting out of the muffler.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Don't forget test running saws involved him making a test cut in a log in his back yard or three cuts in a log in the outskirts of town.
My desire isn’t to see fellers pile on Tom for every transgression. For none of us is perfect. Hopefully he’ll learn something from this and come out of it a better man.:thumbsup:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You do know I’m a mod right? And that means I can see deleted posts. You want to try for more warning points bud?

The only person who takes this thread seriously anymore is you champ. I don’t care what oil you run but I think it’s interesting how you’ve been on here 2 years and when you joined up you didn’t know which end of the chainsaw to hold. Now you’re on here preaching like you’re some expert about oil based on what you read on Google. Then you’re calling names when when fellers here who actually know what they are talking about give you static. Yeah you can have a big ol GFY spoon man.

Which end of the chainsaw are you supposed to hold ?

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Having a tuff time figuring out what final drive fluid for ford 1710 2wd. It seems more top secret than 2 stroke oil.
Call dealer I guess.
Sorry to derail to oil lol.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it’s the spinny end… Right? Or is it the vroom-vroom end. Idk I’m just a thin skinned mod apparently.
Are you a Stihl guy?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
1:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s with the lil btch attitude? I’ve tried it and didn’t like it. You act like it’s something you have spend years in the making and can’t take it. Move on with your day.. don’t worry it’ll still be on the shelf when you need it next!
Undeleted this post so anyone who was wondering what EXACTLY was said can see.