What oil is best? and what ratio?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I road bike and Mtn bike. Both are Trek. Madone 7 for the road and EX-8 off road.

If you find the right down hill twisty road with a road bike, it is like a roller coaster!

I know it is a little nuts, but I have hit 59 MPH on my road bike on the downhill.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
1:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You aren't one of them Lance Armstrong wanna be mothertruckers that rides on the road and backs up traffic are you ?

My gizz berries are sore just lookin' at that seat.

There's a group of those dildos by me that think it's funny to disregard traffic signs and not have the courtesy to move when they have a mile of traffic behind them.

Funniest 3 posts of all time. Laughed so hard my sides hurt, started hacking a lung, thought I was going to puke; the wife thought I was having a heart attack. I needed that. You should do stand up.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Funniest 3 posts of all time. Laughed so hard my sides hurt, started hacking a lung, thought I was going to puke; the wife thought I was having a heart attack. I needed that. You should do stand up.

I was in the dump one day with a dude I work with and he hung out the window and asked them to kindly move because the tour de' slackers didn't start yet..we were seriously crackin up..you had to be there.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That vid is gold.

I laughed lol.

I had a similar situation one day when I got pissed off and went around them and the one dude actually had the balls to give me the finger....like I did something wrong..I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind to get out and throw his ass off his bike and just take it.

I get it..people are what they're into..but don't be an *a-hole and have some respect.

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good thing they are doing that PITA clean diesel stuff, that is disgusting! Even when you ride alone and stay near the shoulder, there is always a few AHs that will try to crowd you and force you off the road, they think it's funny. It's not funny, I've lost some of my friends to crap like that. One dead and one may as well be in the last 3 years (a retired GM worker, owned a nice Vette, and used to race bikes, some AH hit his head with a PU Truck mirror).

There have been a few times I have caught up to them at a light and I throw my bike off to the side and call them out, but the gutless Bas***** always stay in the vehicle.

Another friend of mine carries when he rides now, and I sometimes think of doing the same. There is NO enforcement of the laws that require vehicles to pass at a safe distance. It sucks. I've had stuff thrown at me from moving vehicles 3 times. Even got the plate # of one of them. Cops gave some BS that he was homeless and they could not find the vehicle.

RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good thing they are doing that PITA clean diesel stuff, that is disgusting!

That's what tuner chips are for!

Cops gave some BS that he was homeless and they could not find the vehicle.

I bet that makes it tricky for DMV to mail him renewal notices.
Throwing a missile from a moving vehicle is a crime worth prosecuting. If local cops did nothing, I would have gone to the state police.

There have been a few times I have caught up to them at a light and I throw my bike off to the side and call them out, but the gutless Bas***** always stay in the vehicle. Another friend of mine carries when he rides now, and I sometimes think of doing the same.

Let's just see how that plays out when someone rolls coal on you or "passes too close."

Option 1: The driver has a gun, too. You catch up to him at a light, brandish a firearm, and approach his driver's side door. He dusts you.
Verdict: Justifiable homicide.

Option 2: The driver is unarmed. You catch up to him at a light, brandish a firearm, and he runs you over with his truck in self-defense.
Verdict: Justifiable homicide.

Option 3: You get the drop on the driver and dust him. Your defense: "He rolled coal on me and passed too close!"
Verdict: Manslaughter.

Let us know how that works out for you in New York. Are guns even legal there?

I'm not defending rolling coal or passing too close. But you can't lawfully shoot, brandish a firearm against, or even beat down someone who does.
If you do, be prepared for the consequences.
Starting a fight is a good way to lose. Putting someone in fear for their life is a good way to lose everything. Ask Trayvon.

Last edited:

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cant count the number of bike riders we see in trauma in the summer. It dont matter to me how they got there. But we've got a road that is very busy, and I mean very busy, that I travel to work. You've got a group of them, 15, with a mile of traffic behind them. Pisses me off too because all they would have to do is make a turn on a back road and they could accomplish what they want and also show respect to people that are travelling to work. I guarantee that most of the people in the morning that ride bikes work from home or not at all. Its not the lone biker, its the packs of bikers.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would have to agree here Mike. Not good outcomes. Bottom line, call him an AH, and let it go and continue riding your bike.
Not really worth it.
If you really feel it necesary, take his licence plate down and call the police.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work in this very field, and hear lots of stories. There are azzhole riders and azzhole drivers out there. Don’t be either. It’s all about mutual respect and common sense, which unfortunately is lacking in many people on both sides.

For drivers who think it’s fun to impose on bicycle riders; it’s only fun until someone dies, or get seriously hurt, because of something you did. Then it’s not so fun anymore. There have been many cases like that, and I’m sure there will be many more. I’m sure jail sucks. I have no intentions of going there myself.

As far as altercations between riders and drivers go; there’s no good outcome. It just makes either side hate each other more. We have a local guy that pulled a driver out through his sunroof and beat him into a bloody pulp for trying to run him off the road. The rider went to jail.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good points Sondre. [emoji106]