High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What is your preference for a concealed carry weapon?

larasea

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are many “what if’s” that can be argued. Here’s another perspective:
You are exactly right. You can argue all sides of a topic or debate. But, I did not get my training and experience from YouTube, just sayin. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Not everyone has the same taste or opinion. LOL

Last edited:

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are exactly right. You can argue all sides of a topic or debate. But, I did not get my training and experience from YouTube, just sayin. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Not everyone has the same taste or opinion. LOL
I didn’t direct my post at any one in particular, I was making a general statement. Clint Smith didn’t get his training from YouTube either, and was generous enough to share some of his experiences and views on the topics with others on the platform. I see both sides of the argument. Neither is wrong, but both could be more right…

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Personal protection can be just that, a fire fight. What is your definition of personal protection? If you carry and you decide to protect yourself or others, you better be prepared for a fire fight. If not, leave your gun at home. People intent on doing you harm are not going to be scared of your threat to pull a gun.
I get it, you are a pray and spray person. When taking classes instructor was an officer, college law enforcement instructor, 3 gun champ. His suggestion was to be in a state of fear for your life, person larger or younger than you and within 10 feet, or you would be the one in handcuffs. Someone breaks into my home, I will be using a 12 gauge Kel-tec, forget that handgun.

Dolkitafreak

Dolkita686
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Believe you are talking about being in a fire fight, not personal protection. I do not plan on being in a tv shoot out, just defend myself or others at close range. If going into battle, will be using a high capacity EOtech sited rifle

Hard to quantify how many rounds you’re gonna need. Like was stated, a wheel gun is behind in just about every way anymore. If you look at statistics 77% of your shots aren’t hitting the target, I hope your one or two rounds of .38 does the job…

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ida know, if my .38's or .380's don't accomplish the objective then it's probably just my time to check out. Hopefully, I will at least have given others a chance to escape or take action.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
6 vs half dozen.

Personally I like my stubby. For a long time it was my only gun and have knocked over plenty of 5 to 35 yard bowling pins with it..... I know right where those five rounds are going. Comfortable with it in any circumstances or situation. I Pray I never need to use it.

Steven

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are omitting the number one reason people carry revolvers instead of autos. They don't leave empties behind. Not saying you should leave the scene, but, things have happened.

FTG-05

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sig Sauer M11-A1 in 9mm:

7s3gJZb.jpg

A1i7HF6.jpg

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I've had quite a few Charters over the years and always found them to be really good, definitely on par with anything else in their price range (Taurus, Rossi, lower priced S&W and Ruger). The only thing that sucks is there is not much in the way of grips for them. Hogue doesn't make anything, Pachmayr makes one style, and factory grips tend to be huge or tiny. The old Sile rubber grips as shown are about the best I have found.
Hey, Have you got any experience with .38 Special +P ammo & the gun frame/models that can handle it?
I looked @ some specs on .38 +P ammo via the Underwood & Buffalo Bore sites and they are HOT & STOUT!!!

Would definitely be beastly in a close-proximity squabble no doubt!!:ambulance::angel2::wave1::lily:

Reactions: Lnk

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only do +P in my S&W 10-5 and Ruger Service Six. My snubs get 150 grain SWC's at 700 fps or so. All .38 revolvers made today that I am aware of are factory rated for +P, of course those loads are going to loosen the guns faster than standard rounds. Buffalo Bore and Underwood are on a whole 'nother level performance wise and way out of my league. They are SAAMI pressure spec though.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey, Have you got any experience with .38 Special +P ammo & the gun frame/models that can handle it?
I looked @ some specs on .38 +P ammo via the Underwood & Buffalo Bore sites and they are HOT & STOUT!!!

Would definitely be beastly in a close-proximity squabble no doubt!!:ambulance::angel2::wave1::lily:
One of my carry guns is a lightweight S&W 638.
I carry it Loaded with 125gr+p ammo.
I shot a cylinder full to make sure I could hit with it but shoot 130gr rn powder coated bullets (700 fps) for practice.
The +p ammo isn’t unbearable to shoot but is Hard on the gun.
As Lance said, Buffalo Bore and Underwood are a different animal. High pressure loads in short barrel guns have a pretty good bark as well.
I know I’ve posted this before but I used to load 125gr jhp‘s over stout loads of ww-296 for a friend with a 4” Colt Trooper MKIII. When hecshot those loads he could clear the firing line at a local public range. The muzzle blast was unbelievable and the fire ball was quite Impressive, even in daylight. He burned the forcing cone out of the barrel pretty quickly.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of my carry guns is a lightweight S&W 638.
I carry it Loaded with 125gr+p ammo.
I shot a cylinder full to make sure I could hit with it but shoot 130gr rn powder coated bullets (700 fps) for practice.
The +p ammo isn’t unbearable to shoot but is Hard on the gun.
As Lance said, Buffalo Bore and Underwood are a different animal. High pressure loads in short barrel guns have a pretty good bark as well.
I know I’ve posted this before but I used to load 125gr jhp‘s over stout loads of ww-296 for a friend with a 4” Colt Trooper MKIII. When hecshot those loads he could clear the firing line at a local public range. The muzzle blast was unbelievable and the fire ball was quite Impressive, even in daylight. He burned the forcing cone out of the barrel pretty quickly.
Just like so many things..."It makes ya Pay to Play, huh?":wizard::beautiful:

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
8:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My preferred concealed weapon is my hands in canuckistan(due to tyranny)but even that would be questionable as the criminal is actually the victim in this commie nation. Jealous of you all

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My preferred concealed weapon is my hands in canuckistan(due to tyranny)but even that would be questionable as the criminal is actually the victim in this commie nation. Jealous of you all
I do feel bad for you guys. If I lived in a place like that, or in a state where CCW rights have been cut down to almost nothing, I would get some martial arts training.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Need a sponsor? Will trade you for some of our nuts.

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do feel bad for you guys. If I lived in a place like that, or in a state where CCW rights have been cut down to almost nothing, I would get some martial arts training.
If I wasn’t so invested in my land/area id move to the US. I think about it often, becoming a US citizen. It’s getting worse and worse here. Chinada.

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Need a sponsor? Will trade you for some of our nuts.
You guys should trade off some of your crazies to Canada for in return we will send traditional conservatives who respect constitutions, right to defend, free speech, capitalism etc. Canada wants to rid of my type anyway. Win win for both sides