High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What is your preference for a concealed carry weapon?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
9:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Academy Sports has S&W M&P 9 Shield M2.0 9mm Compacts $200 off right now from 5/17 ‘til 5/21…$289 plus tax out the door for anyone that wants one, or two, or ten.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
8:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 336497 Federal. 327 Magnum

I'm still musing or studying on this lil rascal.
Shoots 4 different rounds & has some super specs/performance in a 6 shot shot small pkg...even more so in a longer barrel!
I like the idea of the .327, the power and the capacity vs a .38spl... But, you have to be REAL careful reloading them. Between the chamber pressure and smaller case capacity, a minor variation in powder produces a lot more noticeable reaction, and ES, than the same % variance in a 38spl or .357 Mag. Food for thought. I may still get one, as the 32H&R has always been a sweetheart to shoot. But, the 327 can almost be persnickety.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the idea of the .327, the power and the capacity vs a .38spl... But, you have to be REAL careful reloading them. Between the chamber pressure and smaller case capacity, a minor variation in powder produces a lot more noticeable reaction, and ES, than the same % variance in a 38spl or .357 Mag. Food for thought. I may still get one, as the 32H&R has always been a sweetheart to shoot. But, the 327 can almost be persnickety.
Certainly appreciate that intel for sure!
I've been toying with the
.327 idea for a while now.

For the time being I am a regular ammo buyer, but reloading sounds like a great hobby in the future.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update: still shooting the Taurus G3 and it is doing great. The trigger pull has certainly smoothed out alot, it's now better than any of my Glocks. It shoots my usual loads with the Accurate 358-130-RF and Lee 356-120-TC with good accuracy. Taurus now makes the G3XL with a longer barrel and slide on the same 12 round grip that looks really interesting. Hopefully the shop will get one in soon.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update: still shooting the Taurus G3 and it is doing great. The trigger pull has certainly smoothed out alot, it's now better than any of my Glocks. It shoots my usual loads with the Accurate 358-130-RF and Lee 356-120-TC with good accuracy. Taurus now makes the G3XL with a longer barrel and slide on the same 12 round grip that looks really interesting. Hopefully the shop will get one in soon.
My sister likes her G3C. She shoots the hell out of it but never cleans or lubes it but it always goes bang.

old saw fixer

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It carries well in a Vedder LightTuck at 4:30, not noticeable to John Q. under a t shirt. For it's purpose, a sight is not needed, but the little green bullseye works well for center of mass or pelvic area shots. Bedside is an FN 509 with a TLR 1.
The holster has a body shield, but the darn stippling on the the grip that it doesn't cover is hard on a love handle, lol.
Needless to say, if I am up and dressed, it is on me.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to the fun store today to sell some ammo for which I no longer have guns and they had a very nice Charter Arms Undercover .38 under the glass. Doesn't look to have been shot much and came with factory box and documents. It was priced at $250.00 which I think is fair so I told the boss I would layaway it. He handed me the forms and told me I could take it home today and pay on it like a layaway. Membership has it's privileges!

IMG_20220804_222753980.jpg

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to the fun store today to sell some ammo for which I no longer have guns and they had a very nice Charter Arms Undercover .38 under the glass. Doesn't look to have been shot much and came with factory box and documents. It was priced at $250.00 which I think is fair so I told the boss I would layaway it. He handed me the forms and told me I could take it home today and pay on it like a layaway. Membership has it's privileges!

View attachment 345160
SWEET!
Good looking shooting right there.
6 shot correct?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was able to test drive the Undercover some this morning before work. When I do everything right (about 40% of the time) it seems to be dead on with my usual loads at 10 yards. For comparison I also shot my trusty S&W 637. As expected it did much better since I am so practiced with it. Next time I'll bring my 1970's Undercover for comparison.

It often takes years for me to really shoot a particular gun well, even if it's very close to one I already have. Also, for some reason revolvers tend to magnify my errors more than bottom feeders do.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 345160
Nice little gun.
I’ve always liked Charter Arms revolvers.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I've had quite a few Charters over the years and always found them to be really good, definitely on par with anything else in their price range (Taurus, Rossi, lower priced S&W and Ruger). The only thing that sucks is there is not much in the way of grips for them. Hogue doesn't make anything, Pachmayr makes one style, and factory grips tend to be huge or tiny. The old Sile rubber grips as shown are about the best I have found.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hogue now makes a really good grip for Charter revolvers that is not too big or small so I got one. Feels better than any others I have tried and isn't so bulky.

IMG_20220825_212854876.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When it rains, it pours. My side job shop had a weekend sale on the Sig P365 with manual safety for $399.00 so I put one in layaway jail. I just sold a couple on GunBroker so should be able to bail it out when payment shows up. I know some folks here have the 365, what do you think about them? Are they any more difficult to shoot than larger subcompacts such as the Glock 26? Not sure if the short barrel is going to produce enough velocity to make hollow points useful without +P loads, probably just feed it 147 grain flat points.