High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What is your preference for a concealed carry weapon?

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
.380, no way could I handle a 9mm that size.
My boy left his lcp here when he pcs transfered to Japan. My wife has been carrying it and has shot it and likes it. So I will buy him whatever he wants to replace it, as he isn't getting it back. Lol

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
1:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just put this beauty into layaway jail. Ruger LCP Custom with stainless slide, already ordered a couple of extra mags for it.
Those sure are nice light pocket pistols. Bought a basic LCP .380......the wife kept taking it so I bought her one as well. I understand the custom LCP has a better trigger, which was my only real complaint about the original entry level LCP.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those sure are nice light pocket pistols. Bought a basic LCP .380......the wife kept taking it so I bought her one as well. I understand the custom LCP has a better trigger, which was my only real complaint about the original entry level LCP.

The metal trigger is really nice and the edges are chamfered. I would guess the pull is around 7 pounds which is just fine for a double action. I have two Kel-Tec P32's so I have a fair amount of experience with this sort of gun. I love the .32 Auto but brass is expensive, and is very thin so you don't get many reloads out of it. The Kel-Tecs fling it into the stratosphere so your find rate is pretty low. .380 brass is more robust, I run Makarov level loads in my Glock 42's no problem. Of course, I'm not going to put those in an LCP!

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a Kahr CW9 for awhile. For a small 9 that weighed about as much as a P365 it was very shootable and a first class gun any way you look at it. I sold it because the trigger and trigger guard pinched my big fingers, and Kahr told me there was nothing they could do about it. This is the only gun I've ever had this problem with. Even my tiny Kel-Tecs and a variety of snubnose wheelguns don't do it.

Reactions: Lnk

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think revolvers are the bast for carry personally. After seeing a few misfires and jams over the years I like a wheel gun.

The S&W Scandium 5 shot revolvers are very nice carry guns.

larasea

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think revolvers are the bast for carry personally. After seeing a few misfires and jams over the years I like a wheel gun.

The S&W Scandium 5 shot revolvers are very nice carry guns.
I have to respectfully disagree with your above statement. I started carrying revolvers concealed in 1977 (S&W Model 49) as part of job requirement. I have carried concealed for 45 years in all configurations. Modern pistols have so many advantages over revolvers, it's unconceivable to understand why a person serious about personal protection, would choose a revolver. Here are just a few of the advantages: easier to conceal with comfort, firepower, capacity, reloading advantages, carrying additional rounds, reliability, quality ammunition, and simple to use. Double action auto pistols are as reliable and as safe as revolvers with more firepower and capacity. Revolvers have a maximum capacity of 6 rounds and are difficult to reload under stressful conditions. You have two options in reloading; hand reload one round at a time or using a speed loader. Either way, these options are extremely slow and must be practiced often to be proficient. As compared to slamming a fresh magazine into the pistol with up to 15 rounds. You can also find pistols with enough capacity and still concealable without having to carry additional rounds.

Firearm manufactures and instructors developed protocols to deal effectively with misfires, stove pipes, and double feeds. These real life situations are few and far between. As a former firearms instructor, I would never recommend a revolver over a modern double action pistol for personal protection. I would also not recommend an auto pistol with a safety or de-cocking mechanism for the everyday civilians carry weapon. I encourage you to look at the double action auto pistols. My Sig P365, 10 round capacity, is just more fun to run than my S&W Bodyweight 38 caliber, 5 round capacity. Ported saw are just more fun to run. LOL

Attachments

• tempImageOPlChl.png
    tempImageOPlChl.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 6

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to respectfully disagree with your above statement. I started carrying revolvers concealed in 1977 (S&W Model 49) as part of job requirement. I have carried concealed for 45 years in all configurations. Modern pistols have so many advantages over revolvers, it's unconceivable to understand why a person serious about personal protection, would choose a revolver. Here are just a few of the advantages: easier to conceal with comfort, firepower, capacity, reloading advantages, carrying additional rounds, reliability, quality ammunition, and simple to use. Double action auto pistols are as reliable and as safe as revolvers with more firepower and capacity. Revolvers have a maximum capacity of 6 rounds and are difficult to reload under stressful conditions. You have two options in reloading; hand reload one round at a time or using a speed loader. Either way, these options are extremely slow and must be practiced often to be proficient. As compared to slamming a fresh magazine into the pistol with up to 15 rounds. You can also find pistols with enough capacity and still concealable without having to carry additional rounds.

Firearm manufactures and instructors developed protocols to deal effectively with misfires, stove pipes, and double feeds. These real life situations are few and far between. As a former firearms instructor, I would never recommend a revolver over a modern double action pistol for personal protection. I would also not recommend an auto pistol with a safety or de-cocking mechanism for the everyday civilians carry weapon. I encourage you to look at the double action auto pistols. My Sig P365, 10 round capacity, is just more fun to run than my S&W Bodyweight 38 caliber, 5 round capacity. Ported saw are just more fun to run. LOL
Believe you are talking about being in a fire fight, not personal protection. I do not plan on being in a tv shoot out, just defend myself or others at close range. If going into battle, will be using a high capacity EOtech sited rifle.

Last edited:

larasea

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Believe you are talking about being in a fire fight, not personal protection. I do not plan on being in a tv shoot out, just defend myself or others at close range. If going into battle, will be using a high capacity EOtech sited rifle.
Personal protection can be just that, a fire fight. What is your definition of personal protection? If you carry and you decide to protect yourself or others, you better be prepared for a fire fight. If not, leave your gun at home. People intent on doing you harm are not going to be scared of your threat to pull a gun.