High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

What is your oldest and still used saw?

B&BLogging

Upside down logger
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So what is your oldest saw that you still use frequently? Not just a saw that you use every once in a blue moon but something that is reliable enough to use on a daily basis.
I know some of you have saws older than I am that still run just as good as they did, if not better than they did when you first bought it. I'm curious to see how many guys still love running their old saws. The oldest one I have left is only 15 years old. It's a ported 385 and I use it in the landing mostly. Occasionally I'll use it to chop but it mainly stays in the landing. I had a couple 20 year old ported huskys that ran great but stupid me sold them and now I wish I never did.

So what do y'all have?

Picture is the 385 with a 20" bar, usually run a 24" on it but blew the tip that morning and only had a 20" to replace it with.. Saw looks goofy with a 20" bar on it!

385lilpic.jpg

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
WP_20160106_002.jpg

I use this Alpina Prof 700 quite a bit. 24" skip chisel is just right. Bought it new in '94. Really want to find a 70cc saw that suits me to replace it. Parts are only available straight from Italy. I dread breaking it.

Brian Simonseth

CANCER AND STROKES SUCKS
Local time
8:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
1970 020 top handle I got from my Uncle last year when he died and he bought it brand new

I don't know the year of the 020 AVP I bought from a member here

IMAG0228_zps7c14e10a.jpg

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
10:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
5200 poulan my dad bought new and a 064 that I bought new, used both all the time but I use the 064 more. My 066 is a 93 model and It's always in the truck.

When I go cut wood I bring 4 or 5 saws. Lol

I love every single one and I try to use all of them.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
10:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
There's nothing like using a saw that your dad used,me and him still go cut together and when I drag the old poulan out it puts a smile on his face which puts a smile on mine. Man I love chainsaws!

B&BLogging

Upside down logger
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
5200 poulan my dad bought new and a 064 that I bought new, used both all the time but I use the 064 more. My 066 is a 93 model and It's always in the truck.

When I go cut wood I bring 4 or 5 saws. Lol

I love every single one and I try to use all of them.

We always have at least 2 saws per person. You have to! Anything can happen and it would really suck to go to the job and an hour later your only saw blows up!

There's nothing like using a saw that your dad used,me and him still go cut together and when I drag the old poulan out it puts a smile on his face which puts a smile on mine. Man I love chainsaws!

That 385 in my picture was my dads, he bought it new and had it ported. He cut with it every day for many years. I inherited it when he bought his 2186 and I use it almost every day. The old man still steals it from me every now and then to chop with so I steal his 2186!

B&BLogging

Upside down logger
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Canadian farm boy that's one clean saw for a 93. You obviously take pride in keeping your saws in tip top shape!
@Brian Simonseth Same goes for you, pretty clean saws.

We try and keep up on or saws too, after all that's how we make our money! Almost every night we blow them off with the compressor. We'll remove bar and side cover, air cleaner and clutch. Then at the end of the week we tear them down and really clean them out good.

@exSW That is a pretty cool looking saw. I've heard of that brand name before but this is the first time I've ever seen one or even knew of someone who owned one. It's kind of baffling to me how many different brands of saws are out there floating around.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks @B&BLogging. I try and take the best care of all my tool. I'm a truck mechanic and make my living with tools. Tools are expensive so I figure let's take care of them and make them last. I wipe down all my tools at work after every day, I clean my saws, wash my truck, hell I even wax my riding lawn mower from time to time. We all work hard for what we have. I hate replacing things due to neglect or miss use.

B&BLogging

Upside down logger
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Canadian farm boy I hear ya on that. Before I got into the woods full time I was a Master Tech for Harley Davidson. So I too know how expensive quality tools are and how costly replacing them can be. When I worked in the shop I would clean and inventory all my tools every night. One thing that doesn't contribute to making money is broken tools..

Brian Simonseth

CANCER AND STROKES SUCKS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Canadian farm boy that's one clean saw for a 93. You obviously take pride in keeping your saws in tip top shape!
@Brian Simonseth Same goes for you, pretty clean saws.

We try and keep up on or saws too, after all that's how we make our money! Almost every night we blow them off with the compressor. We'll remove bar and side cover, air cleaner and clutch. Then at the end of the week we tear them down and really clean them out good.

@exSW That is a pretty cool looking saw. I've heard of that brand name before but this is the first time I've ever seen one or even knew of someone who owned one. It's kind of baffling to me how many different brands of saws are out there floating around.

I got really sick with cancer so the only thing I could really do was clean stuff for the last 16 months

RU NUTZ TOO

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
the saw i ran for the longest time in my life was the first 372 i bought new. was a 99 model 372XPGW that i bought in 2003. ported in 2004. sold to aswan on AS a few months ago. (rebuilt after all those hours). best saw i ever owned and should have kept it but i'm like the XT's more for the torque. oldest saw i'm currently running is a 2012 372XT lol bone stock but it does have a mdavlee top end on the way for it.

Last edited: