What is the go to…

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Zoro Timecutter Z4235 with Kaw. FR 651V has been excellent for neighbor/contractor that runs it to death. The few problems he has had have been pretty much self-inflicted such as driving it for a year+ with a spark plug wire disconnected or leaving bad gas in it or never letting it warm up before working it. He has driven it over and chopped stuff that would have broken a deck or frame of a husky.

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Huskies have not been getting stellar reviews as of late- at least the box store models anyway.

Deeres

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I found a John Deere x304 (any 4ws will do for going around beds/trees) that I absolutely love for my 0.7ac mowing task. Works great. Found one with 200h for $1750 locally. Had to put in some maintenance and sewed up the bags but you cannot go wrong for $<2000 for something with low hours and that gets the task done quickly.

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found a John Deere x304 (any 4ws will do for going around beds/trees) that I absolutely love for my 0.7ac mowing task. Works great. Found one with 200h for $1750 locally. Had to put in some maintenance and sewed up the bags but you cannot go wrong for $<2000 for something with low hours and that gets the task done quickly.
Looks like a nice machine, I imagine the two cyl engine provides the torque needed when literally in the weeds. It has one feature sorely lacking on other riding lawn mowers, a moving seat. I plan on adding one to the lawn tractor I am fixing up to use as a yard dog. I did see that model supposedly had a recall:

https://www.consumerreports.org/pro...-mowers-tractors-28703/john-deere-x304-14920/

It would be interesting to know how that 4 wheel steering works.

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Late to the party OP, but Gravely makes a nice machine. I would buy from a dealer with reputable service. Because eventually something will go wrong. Something like a pump belt can be a pita to change. Commercial guys around here use Grasshoppers, Scag, and Gravelys I talked to several before I made a choice.