High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What is the go to…

sheral

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
…For a decent home owner zero turn? I have about an acre of flat lawn and getting to the point I would rather be doing other things…

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
…For a decent home owner zero turn? I have about an acre of flat lawn and getting to the point I would rather be doing other things…

Most likely there's a Husqvarna to fit your budget and needs. There's some real cheapo China jobbers out there with knock off engines on them, I'd try for something with at least a Kohler or Kawasaki engine on it.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
13CF18E1-37D9-4377-A792-3AA3E9F2DC04.jpeg Kubota makes a nice machine , had three years now ,Kawasaki motor, Parker hydro s

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I need a zero myself. Nowhere near a budget for it at this time. With about 3acres to mow, I'll be looking for a commercial quality machine. Figuring, at once a week, that's a lot of where and tear. I'm fortunate to have A good tenant. She mows the yard around the rental house side of the yard with a rider. I do the immediate yard around our house with a push jobber. The other side of the house has gone to hay field. I just ain't gots no time for that.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need a zero myself. Nowhere near a budget for it at this time. With about 3acres to mow, I'll be looking for a commercial quality machine. Figuring, at once a week, that's a lot of where and tear. I'm fortunate to have A good tenant. She mows the yard around the rental house side of the yard with a rider. I do the immediate yard around our house with a push jobber. The other side of the house has gone to hay field. I just ain't gots no time for that.
Does the whole 3 acres need to look like lawn, or golf course rough ok? Might look for an old tractor with a RFM on it. Many choices for something like that.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Does the whole 3 acres need to look like lawn, or golf course rough ok? Might look for an old tractor with a RFM on it. Many choices for something like that.
I'm in a very rural area. I have Amish that live in these parts. LOL
So appearance isn't priority. I have an old Cub tractor that needs a PTO belt, and the wind got at it, over the winter, ripping the hood off. It's parked under a lean-to. The section I'm mowing with the push job, got mowed with it last year too. To many tight spots and small sections making a rider a pain to use. Way too many trees and shrubs. Once the tenant decides to move I will be doing that area too. It's not as cluttered with obstacles but is a large area. This section I'd like to keep looking nice for future tenants and raise the rent up to include the lawn service and shoveling the side walk. Just $50-75 bucks or so. There's another area I call "up top" that I'd like to return to a mowed grass again. Last thing I want is to spend a lot of my time mowing. The zero will help knock it out, so I can spend some free time here. ;)

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm in a very rural area. I have Amish that live in these parts. LOL
So appearance isn't priority. I have an old Cub tractor that needs a PTO belt, and the wind got at it, over the winter, ripping the hood off. It's parked under a lean-to. The section I'm mowing with the push job, got mowed with it last year too. To many tight spots and small sections making a rider a pain to use. Way too many trees and shrubs. Once the tenant decides to move I will be doing that area too. It's not as cluttered with obstacles but is a large area. This section I'd like to keep looking nice for future tenants and raise the rent up to include the lawn service and shoveling the side walk. Just $50-75 bucks or so. There's another area I call "up top" that I'd like to return to a mowed grass again. Last thing I want is to spend a lot of my time mowing. The zero will help knock it out, so I can spend some free time here. ;)
Yup Zero - turns rule

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Minimum 2800 drives and Kawasaki engine! Lots of options in the 5-6k range. Husqvarna would not be on my list, Much better options out there.

old saw fixer

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Way back in the day my parents bought a Dixon Z turn mower with a 42" deck. It is still in a barn at the big house in fact. It was powered by a 8hp B&S vertical and was very efficient at cutting grass. It was the old cone clutch operated drive system, I doubt any parts are available.
I would want a Z turn w/a 48" deck, like my Wheel Horse 314-8 and 416h share.

1.5hp

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
got a Badboy because the frame was better built than the others i looked at. most homeowner mowers use the same running gear.

brushwacker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a couple Ariens Zer0 turns. 40 and 44". I found them both used, low hours. 1 little over 1k, the 40 " less. The 40" had a Toro suspension seat added to it which greatly improved the ride. Used it 2 or more years primarily for a small cemetery I mow with lottsa stones . Like the size for getting inbetween many of the stones. I know they aren't the quality commercial mowers like has been mentioned but the are decent quality and I think a good bang for the buck. The 40" has a Kohler. They have 2 gas tanks and I believe you could get 8 or more hours of run time if both were full to start. Decks seem well built and my 40" is a mulching deck which keeps grass from blowing on things.