What happened with Makita 3601?

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Almost two years ago, fordf150 started a thread (that became long) about "the most intriguing saw to date," it was the 3601. I recall it has two reed valves? A negative was that it has toolless chain tensioning. Other than that, it seemed it could be a big winner. What ever happened with that, do users still like that saw? I continue to be interested in the light saws. It doesn't beat the specs of the Stihl ms200 but it's pretty good -- 9.3 lbs and 2.4 hp. I don't see Makita blue for USA, it's orange. (old thread: http://opeforum.com/threads/makita-ea3601-the-most-intriguing-saw-to-date.7728/)

Old thread I know. I read the same long thread you did and am also wondering how these saws are working out. I would be interested in one myself.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They seem like a great saw. And don’t shy away from the tensioner, as they work fine
Do you still have yours? The only tooless tensioner I ever had was on a craftsman and it was crap. So that made me sceptical of all of them.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably 40-50 tanks through mine. Still runs like new
That's encouraging news. I've been debating about getting one. I want one but I don't really NEED one. I have a small light weight echo 352, it runs good and cuts good but it's just got that cheap plastic feel to it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk