What about this bar and chain

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
When our guys landed in the sandbox, there were old timers in the NCO ranks who were pushing the idea that the troops didn't need to oil their weapons as it would draw and hold the sand, dust, and debris native to the desert.

This incorrect line of thinking was quickly proven to be crap based on weapon malfunction rates and failures.

Wet and gritty is better than dry and gritty. All day, every day.

That being said, I don't grease my bar tips. I keep them cleaned out and believe the bar oil is sufficient to keep enough lubricant on the bearings to extend their service life.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not saying they won't freeze up tighter than a bulls' butt in fly time .Let them sit around 10 years on a barn floor sometime ,they will hang .Usually it just a little dip in a can of kerosene and they free right up and do just fine .-----if you are not stingy with the oil pump setting .Get stingy with the oil be prepared for a lot of bar and chain work .

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I didn't read your whole thread but do yourself a favor and start a thread here first and buy from one us on this channel :)

In the end, you'd save the drive time, gas and BS let's not forget BS. Just sayin'

I stock most of the rims in all size like most of these guys do. Even weekend warriors here have good stocks of saw parts on hand most times.

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When our guys landed in the sandbox, there were old timers in the NCO ranks who were pushing the idea that the troops didn't need to oil their weapons as it would draw and hold the sand, dust, and debris native to the desert.

This incorrect line of thinking was quickly proven to be crap based on weapon malfunction rates and failures.

Wet and gritty is better than dry and gritty. All day, every day.

That being said, I don't grease my bar tips. I keep them cleaned out and believe the bar oil is sufficient to keep enough lubricant on the bearings to extend their service life.

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They always told me if you're gonna grease em you gotta do it all the time. I don't and generally have no trouble.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
2:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Clutch bearings are an interesting one. I've always done mine at some point around a big cut session. Did same to my 372 and 2171.

Felt a total idiot when I stripped them and found the crank end is drilled alright, but there's no right angle passage to the bearing like all my other Huskies. Only difference is inboard clutch. Must be that it's easy to remove, so that's how you lube it.