Wanted Oregon LGX chain

Beachtree

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm looking for the old Oregon lgx chain 100 ft rolls.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
5:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gauge and pitch would help and posting this in the classifieds wanted area would be helpful.

Beachtree

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
According to them they don't have it ,was replaced by the EXL version

Beachtree

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's the 72 lgx specifically , my thoughts the EXL teeth vary in hardness , it does not cut as smooth or as fast as the lgx . Oregon I'm assuming is trying to compete with the Stihl chain , Which is very good. This is just my opinion, I have been a professional logger since 1982

Orangeinthebarn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut timber for a living I don't care at all for the EXL chain.
I absolutely hate exl chain. the chain is supposedly designed to carry oil better but ive had to take chain off bar to clean bar out as early as a tank of full. It allows wood chips and gunks up bar groove and clogs oil hole about 5 times faster than rs chain or lgx chain. you have to constantly make sure its oiling properly. Ive had 2 sprocket tips seize up before realizing what this garbage chain does

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I absolutely hate exl chain. the chain is supposedly designed to carry oil better but ive had to take chain off bar to clean bar out as early as a tank of full. It allows wood chips and gunks up bar groove and clogs oil hole about 5 times faster than rs chain or lgx chain. you have to constantly make sure its oiling properly. Ive had 2 sprocket tips seize up before realizing what this garbage chain does
Wow, I had no idea that sort of thing was going on!

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you think it’s the design of the drive tang? That would seem to be the only explanation for the conditions you described.o_O

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been firewooding with it, and just recently milling. I've had zero issues. I like it better than LGX, it's a little harder and hold its edge longer, especially milling.
I have some of each. Have not had troubles with either. Can’t really comment about hardness since I grind mine.

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never had this problem with exl chain and I've used tons of it . I keep all my oilers maxed and I'm one of those guys that greases the bar tip after every use . The only bar tips I blew out were Husqvarna Tech-light bars about 10 years ago . Those bars were discontinued a long time ago .