High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Wallenstein Processor wp840

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
9:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
the issue we ran into with the processor was rhat it had a 4way wedge and if the logs were large then there were "resplits" and there was no automated way to "return" the splits. had to be done manually. which means the machine is not continually processing....maybe it would NOT have been a problem with a 6way or a bigger "box" of some sort where one "wegde" through would be much faster. it is nice to have the harvester doing the cutting though

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
the issue we ran into with the processor was rhat it had a 4way wedge and if the logs were large then there were "resplits" and there was no automated way to "return" the splits. had to be done manually. which means the machine is not continually processing....maybe it would NOT have been a problem with a 6way or a bigger "box" of some sort where one "wegde" through would be much faster. it is nice to have the harvester doing the cutting though
Is that you r issue with the wallenstein? I was hoping I could set rounds into the processor to be split. I have a years worth of wood that needs to be split ( some as large as 24" ). I am leaning toward the blacks creek 1250 now with a log lift. I have a tractor to haul out of the bush and can set up the blacks creek to empty into my dump trailer (just need to make a small adjustment to the lawn/hill lol )

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is that you r issue with the wallenstein? I was hoping I could set rounds into the processor to be split. I have a years worth of wood that needs to be split ( some as large as 24" ). I am leaning toward the blacks creek 1250 now with a log lift. I have a tractor to haul out of the bush and can set up the blacks creek to empty into my dump trailer (just need to make a small adjustment to the lawn/hill lol )
i dont have any time on a wallenstein. i have a tw6 and supersplit. either of those are limited fast by not having a conveyor behind it. working on that right now. the TW is great for me as i get tree service cast offs and thats always a mixed bag of torture. root flare, crotches, 4 ft knotty sticks ect..

weesa20

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

depends on what size final product you are looking for. If you want fireplace sticks, you will be resplitting 24” wood with any machine out there under a 12 way wedge, and then probably still a few resplits. I had a 6 way on the the wallenstein and have a 6way on my TW6, both require resplits to get the size wood I need. Resplits are much easier with the TW6 because the output table is easy to reach vs. the output chute on the wallenstein plus there is less end to end pressure with the TW6 (eg current piece being split is pushing the previously split piece- level on the TW6, uphill on the wallenstein to make a pile or split into a trailer)

for outside furnace size chunks or up to about 16” diameter, the wallenstein was faster. I use a conveyor as well. Black piece on processor folds down and becomes the output chute. Twp6 under the tarp.

Attachments

• FCF0B308-1BED-42FC-8E6A-92051703ED45.jpeg
    FCF0B308-1BED-42FC-8E6A-92051703ED45.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 23

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
depends on what size final product you are looking for. If you want fireplace sticks, you will be resplitting 24” wood with any machine out there under a 12 way wedge, and then probably still a few resplits. I had a 6 way on the the wallenstein and have a 6way on my TW6, both require resplits to get the size wood I need. Resplits are much easier with the TW6 because the output table is easy to reach vs. the output chute on the wallenstein plus there is less end to end pressure with the TW6 (eg current piece being split is pushing the previously split piece- level on the TW6, uphill on the wallenstein to make a pile or split into a trailer)

for outside furnace size chunks or up to about 16” diameter, the wallenstein was faster. I use a conveyor as well. Black piece on processor folds down and becomes the output chute. Twp6 under the tarp.
Thanks again, i think I'm leaning towards the blacks creek now. I don't think I can get past the constant removal of the saw to refuel and oil. I have calls into both Eastonmade and Blacks Creek but so far nothing back yet .

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks again, i think I'm leaning towards the blacks creek now. I don't think I can get past the constant removal of the saw to refuel and oil. I have calls into both Eastonmade and Blacks Creek but so far nothing back yet .
the one we rented was hydraulic...no gas. blah blah... had like a 2 gallon bar oil jug glugger though

dirter

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ordered a trailer the other day from blacks creek. They are extremely busy.

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Look at the whole picture, and walk yourself through each step.
Ask yourself how you work.
Do you bring the equipment to the wood, or the wood to the equipment?
That determines what you need.
Cutting up a sheet of 4' x 8' plywood.
Do you need a skill saw and saw horses, or a table saw?
What is easier, more efficient, to handle in your situation, the tool or the wood?
I bring the wood to the splitter, and that requires a way to move logs, and splits out the other side.
For delivery I load the pallets on a flatbed and hand unload. Very time consuming. I'm changing over to a dump trailer for deliveries.IMG_3557.jpgIMG_3635.jpgIMG_3628.jpgIMG_3502.jpgIMG_3440.jpg

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I looked at the others and the tw6 is very much like the eastonmade.

I've owned a TW-6, and sold it. Good machine for what it is, but old design.
I did a four-way wedge mod two weeks after purchase, making it into a flat table to hold top splits, rather than pushing them onto the ground or outfeed table.
I have seen Eastonmade at the Paul Bunyan Show.
They are not alike.
The Eastonmade has a lot more thought put into design, and work flow.

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Look at the whole picture, and walk yourself through each step.
Ask yourself how you work.
Do you bring the equipment to the wood, or the wood to the equipment?
That determines what you need.
Cutting up a sheet of 4' x 8' plywood.
Do you need a skill saw and saw horses, or a table saw?
What is easier, more efficient, to handle in your situation, the tool or the wood?
I bring the wood to the splitter, and that requires a way to move logs, and splits out the other side.
For delivery I load the pallets on a flatbed and hand unload. Very time consuming. I'm changing over to a dump trailer for deliveries.View attachment 259088View attachment 259092View attachment 259093View attachment 259094View attachment 259095
Thanks for the pics and info.
I can bring the wood in and have a dump trailer. I can effectively move 8' logs from the bush to the processor. Storage is close by and tractor can move what i need. Not looking for as large a setup as you have. I think I am between an eastonmade 9-16 with 4way and box or blacks creek 1250. 1 less step with the BC1250 but I do have some trees that are 20+" so I'm kind of tossed up.
The local guys that come to you to process are wanting a fairly large amount to show up so there is a niche there.

woodfarmer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The WP is great for the homeowner/part timer that has lots of time or doesn’t need to process a lot of wood at once. I find the processors are too expensive for what they are. One thing I didn’t like about it was that without the conveyor, the wood piles on top of the trailer hitch, pita to move. With me moving logs and an operator on the machine, we still didn’t hit a cord an hour.

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The WP is great for the homeowner/part timer that has lots of time or doesn’t need to process a lot of wood at once. I find the processors are too expensive for what they are. One thing I didn’t like about it was that without the conveyor, the wood piles on top of the trailer hitch, pita to move. With me moving logs and an operator on the machine, we still didn’t hit a cord an hour.
Thank you for chiming in. I appreciate the info. I think I have heard enough about the wp840 to avoid it at this point. The main draw for me was the ability to cut larger diameter but after reading and comments it seems like not having to resplit is the reason entry processors stick to 4 way wedges and 16" logs.

BC1250 seems like the best bang for the buck at this point. I can always load the rounds I have .

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've never run a processor but like the idea of the euro designed pto three point hitch set up. I like that the shield over the splitter trough is really accessible, and covered when in use. The reason they are three point hitch is something about our epa standards for importing the engines with the units. Some importers offer Kubota engines installed after importing.

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Check out YouTube: Ohio Wood Burner Ltd videos. He uses a Japa 365 Pro (road). He originally used a Dyna sc12, but it did not have an adjustable height four-way wedge. There are dozens of his videos.

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Check out YouTube: Ohio Wood Burner Ltd videos. He uses a Japa 365 Pro (road). He originally used a Dyna sc12, but it did not have an adjustable height four-way wedge. There are dozens of his videos.
Hi, I saw those. PTO won't work for me. I'm going to see the BC1250 monday

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A quick hands on review for those interested.

Saw the 1250 really nice homeowner machine. Hydraulic saw easy to remove bar and chain. Bar stop so you dont hit the log tray with the chain.

Single speed pump and can only cut or split not both. 4 way wedge is adjustable only by hand .

The 1500 model ( next one up from the base 1250 ) has conveyor feed, adjustable wedge via lever, 4 sec faster and can cut and split at same time. Difference is 5k though.

Very nice unit and since I work alone the log lift and extension to push cut pieces into my dump trailer is ideal.
Will come in around 10.5k cdn with 13 hp Honda engine and electric start.

Ran the unit and it was very instinctive right away.
Will be ordering if the financing is right.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've owned a TW-6, and sold it. Good machine for what it is, but old design.
I did a four-way wedge mod two weeks after purchase, making it into a flat table to hold top splits, rather than pushing them onto the ground or outfeed table.
I have seen Eastonmade at the Paul Bunyan Show.
They are not alike.
The Eastonmade has a lot more thought put into design, and work flow.
the "Alpha 6" is a redesigned tw6... very well thought out. google it or youtube search. dont make the tw6/5 anymore