High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Wallenstein Processor wp840

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I am considering a wp840 and would like some feedback from people who have used / owned the processor.
I have chatted with @weesa20 about his but would like a few other thoughts pro/con.
My other option is an eastonmade 5-11 with 4 way and box wedge just so you have an idea on the two options.

Thanks.

D

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No input on my end, but a damn nice processor...and they ain’t giving ‘em away either. You must have some serious amounts of wood to split/process.

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No input on my end, but a damn nice processor...and they ain’t giving ‘em away either. You must have some serious amounts of wood to split/process.
I have about 15 acres of bush with large old maple and elm. Just firewood for myself and I have a side business from the real job where I float in the tractor and implements for smaller jobs that the larger places won't bother with.

Figured I could make some of the cost back that way with either unit.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have about 15 acres of bush with large old maple and elm. Just firewood for myself and I have a side business from the real job where I float in the tractor and implements for smaller jobs that the larger places won't bother with.

Figured I could make some of the cost back that way with either unit.
Nice. I guaran-damn-tee ya you can sell and make back a chunk of the price, in minimal sweat and time/labor involved of either machine set-up. Sounds like a plan to me...from what I’ve seen in videos, reading...that Wallenstein is a damn Cadillac of a set-up.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Again, ain’t got no input into your endeavor, with either machine, either way ya go. I’ve got a SuperSplit HD, and a 20-ton Dual Split. If that 15 acre deal is loaded with mature wood, can’t blame ya one bit, especially with the side deals going on. I wouldn’t know how to act with that kinda wood source and acreage you got there on the home front. Wish you best in your decision...whichever way you decide.

Let’s hear back which way you eventually decide...

dirter

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Almost $14,000 for something you have to hoist a log onto and cut with your own saw??? Maybe if I spent some time researching it I’d see something I’m currently missing. Heck that’s about what I paid for my Blacks Creek 2000B.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Almost $14,000 for something you have to hoist a log onto and cut with your own saw??? Maybe if I spent some time researching it I’d see something I’m currently missing. Heck that’s about what I paid for my Blacks Creek 2000B.
Is it a crank hoist, or PTO driven? Just asking...

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i dont know what the "wallenstein" processor is. i have run a loco something or other processor for a few days. it was a $40k machine with a live deck and harvestor bar ect. so while not exact comparisons ill offer my "processor" Vs "real" splitter. mine is a TW6 and a pair of supersplits . we were sold that the processor could do 7 cords a day. and we rented it for a week at $1900. i would never pay 40k or $1900 to rent unless i had "hand selected" 20 cords of logs at least. the largest log most can process is 20". it takes a lot of "other" sizes to get 20" and under sticks for me. also you need to have a large amount of machinery to feed the processor and move the piles too. without seeing what your trying to process i would not buy a processor. id buy a timberwolf alpha 6. i have personally cut split and delivered 5 cords in a day with a tw6.

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Blacks creek is about 15 mins from me. didn't like the low discharge as th others I can split right into my dump trailer. I will have to look at them again though. Winch is driven off the unit.

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i dont know what the "wallenstein" processor is. i have run a loco something or other processor for a few days. it was a $40k machine with a live deck and harvestor bar ect. so while not exact comparisons ill offer my "processor" Vs "real" splitter. mine is a TW6 and a pair of supersplits . we were sold that the processor could do 7 cords a day. and we rented it for a week at $1900. i would never pay 40k or $1900 to rent unless i had "hand selected" 20 cords of logs at least. the largest log most can process is 20". it takes a lot of "other" sizes to get 20" and under sticks for me. also you need to have a large amount of machinery to feed the processor and move the piles too. without seeing what your trying to process i would not buy a processor. id buy a timberwolf alpha 6. i have personally cut split and delivered 5 cords in a day with a tw6.
Thanks, I need to stick with canadian made for the price pint. I looked at the others and the tw6 is very much like the eastonmade.

weesa20

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

we chatted- the wallenstein is “rated” to do 26” diameter logs which was the selling point for me as basically all my wood is 24” plus. You have to spend crazy money for another processor to do that size wood. It would handle them but was always on the edge. Resplits were also a hassle as my customers want pretty little fireplace pieces. If I had all outside furnace customers it would have been been awesome.

have a TW6 now but would love to find a used alpha6 or other quality box wedge splitter.

W

dirter

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Blacks creek is about 15 mins from me. didn't like the low discharge as th others I can split right into my dump trailer. I will have to look at them again though. Winch is driven off the unit.
Yeah without a conveyor all the traditional processors are pretty useless it seems. I didn't want to haul 2 pieces of equipment through the woods so i passed on the BC units and instead got a discharge conveyor from Range Road and grafted it onto the back of my 2000B. Nice as it is, still limited on log diameter. For 18"+ I rip them with my saw into 3 parts. fortunately I don't have that many. For your sizes I think you've probably weeded out the non-starters under $50K.