PAST UPSTATE NY GTG 2019 - Sunday May 5th

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
3:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
More aggressive chain by taking rakers down, or really lean on the bar. That would help a fat tune clean up.
Ask me how I know...[emoji16]

Hey Jeff -- yeah if I dogged it really hard in the pine I could get it to clean up the 4 cycling. One more weekend to mess with it, then it simply takes a ride to The Cutting Edge!

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure most of you on here know what the saw is -- but in case you don't this is a MOFO hybrid w/ an 044 case, 046 cylinder, and Husky 272 piston modified to work.
Right now I have an 8 pin w/ 28" Stihl light bar w/ RS chain. Could lean on it quite well and fun cutting pine FAST yesterday, but for hardwood probably want the 7 pin. First tank was on monster maple I could bury the bar... I would be it would do better now that its had a few tanks through. Hopefully we'll have some bigger hardwood to mess with next weekend, after that it will be NY wood!

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure most of you on here know what the saw is -- but in case you don't this is a MOFO hybrid w/ an 044 case, 046 cylinder, and Husky 272 piston modified to work.
Right now I have an 8 pin w/ 28" Stihl light bar w/ RS chain. Could lean on it quite well and fun cutting pine FAST yesterday, but for hardwood probably want the 7 pin. First tank was on monster maple I could bury the bar... I would be it would do better now that its had a few tanks through. Hopefully we'll have some bigger hardwood to mess with next weekend, after that it will be NY wood!
Needs to be leaned out on the H Eric, they aren't like other saws. Turn the free rpm up to 14500 for now and make some cuts, you'll be surprised. They usually like 15200 free when broken in.

Please remind me and Ill bring springs to the CT GTG for u and we will swap them out.

Try it leaner and report back.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Needs to be leaned out on the H Eric, they aren't like other saws. Turn the free rpm up to 14500 for now and make some cuts, you'll be surprised. They usually like 15200 free when broken in.

Please remind me and Ill bring springs to the CT GTG for u and we will swap them out.

Try it leaner and report back.

Hey Al -- will do. I certainly didn't think about the H being too much for idling, but I did notice a small difference yesterday on the idle when I leaned the H enough to stop the 4 cycling in the pine... made some FAST pine cuts after that. I'm being conservative with the H so I don't torch the top end :) I should have turned up the H some more and probably would have noticed the bottom getting even better.

I think shes broken in some and that 4 cycling in the wood was the saw asking to be leaned LOL.

You know I'm just excited for all of us to have some fun w/ the saw :) We'll see you guys 2 weeks from today!
Would love to put a few tanks of that pump E-free from Stewarts in NY through mixed with Klotz techniplate KL200.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We gotta do 460s separate from the Hybrids. 2 separate divisions.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't worry Upstate Dave, I've got one of CFB Mike's Hybrids and it will be there.

It is light, but strong, so I'm dubbing it the "Tank Destroyer", along with the insignia from my Dad's WW II unit (that other group stole their name).

th

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't worry Upstate Dave, I've got one of CFB Mike's Hybrids and it will be there.

It is light, but strong, so I'm dubbing it the "Tank Destroyer", along with the insignia from my Dad's WW II unit (that other group stole their name).

th
That’s awesome Mike!