heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the process of cleaning up, one got a lot closer...but thank the Lord we avoided any damage. It was tense for a moment.

What to do with a pile of paper bark birch logs? The pile is double this size and the end of today and you can't see the big logs on the other side.

20200813_085753.jpg

Mark

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the process of cleaning up, one got a lot closer...but thank the Lord we avoided any damage. It was tense for a moment.

What to do with a pile of paper bark birch logs? The pile is double this size and the end of today and you can't see the big logs on the other side.

View attachment 254443

Mark
Advertise them on CL as "highly valuable" and be sure to add that "you know what you have so no low ballers".....

Glad to hear no damages.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score

View attachment 254443

Mark
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't birch make good firewood and/or lumber? Worst case scenario, makes cants out of the larger ones and host a GTG. :)

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't birch make good firewood and/or lumber? Worst case scenario, makes cants out of the larger ones and host a GTG. :)

Yes and no. Black birch is excellent firewood. However, paper birch is the softest of the birch family and is not great firewood. It will rot quick if not split; it burns hot and faster than black and yellow birch. Paper birch is among the least desirable of the Birch family, but it will burn. BTU charts put it right there with black walnut, green ash, american elm, red fir, coastal redwood.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Ash we cut down at my brother's property is down at the bottom of his property. There is a narrow, windy goat path through some woods to get to his lawn, and a lot of the rounds were too big to lift or split by hand, so my Flying Tiger did a bunch of noodling and then the X-27 took over to get them to the size we could lift and put in the ATV trailer.

It was slow going, but we got a cord and a half over to my Daughter's this afternoon, and half the tree is still down there!

Attachments

• IMG_20200815_145035294_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200815_145035294_HDR.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 33