Trees you've cut

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
1:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trying out a ported 441. Not my saw so being extra careful with it. Not a race saw like a oe 372, but she’s a good worker bee. Good midrange torque where it counts and fuel mileage isn’t horrible for a modded saw. Couple oaks I did today.801E0FEE-FF34-4D9A-A25A-E8841137AF09.jpegDC142E9C-7C39-4969-AF8C-9C7B53735514.jpeg

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
7700c2b4f15f7363a1ae975dae14005d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
c4d06194465f217a6af122e1fdc4d488.jpg

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A local landowner called me to cut up a large Red Oak that he felled (he did not want the wood).

He used a homeowner saw, and went completely around the tree, having no idea what direction it would fall (I bucked it with a 36" bar that would not reach through). Wet Red Oak is a very heavy wood! He stated that he just watched for it to move, and then just made sure he was someplace else.

I implored him to NEVER do that again!

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A local landowner called me to cut up a large Red Oak that he felled (he did not want the wood).

He used a homeowner saw, and went completely around the tree, having no idea what direction it would fall (I bucked it with a 36" bar that would not reach through). Wet Red Oak is a very heavy wood! He stated that he just watched for it to move, and then just made sure he was someplace else.

I implored him to NEVER do that again!

Come on Mike isn’t called the dance of natural selection?

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
11:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A hollow heavy leaning oak I cut yesterday. Stair cut seemed to work. Was a bit nervous cutting it but it’s on the ground safely. View attachment 189976

Can I ask exactly how you cut this tree? I have a good idea by the stump but want to make sure what you did before I start throwing out suggestions lol.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can I ask exactly how you cut this tree? I have a good idea by the stump but want to make sure what you did before I start throwing out suggestions lol.
This is how we cut hard leaning hardwoods here depending on the tree. Attempt at your own risk, not for the amateur.

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
11:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is how we cut hard leaning hardwoods here depending on the tree. Attempt at your own risk, not for the amateur.

The video sucks as you can’t see *s-word. But from what I can tell he cut his undercut then bore cut through it. Then it looks like he walked his borecut out the back? Would have been easier if you just explained it. Hardwood or softwood it makes no difference as your still looking for a tree to not barber chair. I adjust my technique depending on size not type of tree. I was just curious as it looked like you cut in through the back of the tree to release it above your bore cut in the pic but I could be wrong.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The video sucks as you can’t see *s-word. But from what I can tell he cut his undercut then bore cut through it. Then it looks like he walked his borecut out the back? Would have been easier if you just explained it. Hardwood or softwood it makes no difference as your still looking for a tree to not barber chair. I adjust my technique depending on size not type of tree. I was just curious as it looked like you cut in through the back of the tree to release it above your bore cut in the pic but I could be wrong.
He bore cut then did a stepped bore cut above the first bore cut. Then clipped it from back and get the heck outta town. Keeps the tree from breaking out too soon best I can explain it. This is what I did.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Looks like a good place for a coos style back cut to me.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That tree would have chaired if one was to not bore cut it period. I’m open to listening to other styles though out of interest.