High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Trees you've cut

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You can straighten the bar. Lay it on rubber and get after it with a soft face mallet.

This was my first saw/bar combo and it wasn't exactly in amazing shape before I turned it into bacon today. I have a spare 24" bar for the saw, so I'm just taking the opportunity to put a lightweight bar on the saw so I can use it more.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cut five decent sized Balsam Fir trees today. Limbed them on the south side as high as I could reach with the powered and manual pole saw to help fall them in the right direction. The second and third tree pinched my 460 and I had to finish the job with the MS150. I made my felling cuts a bit differently today and tried the bore cut. My felling cuts were much flatter using the bore cut, but with my wife putting tension on the trunk with the felling winch the tree wanted to pinch my bar. The third tree also had a ton of sweep and spun while coming off the trunk and landed right onto the bar of my 460. I don't usually post pics when I fell trees, I just don't have that kind of time, but today was exciting since the trees were 20-35' from the house/power lines!

I'm thinking about replacing the bent 20" bar on the 460 with a 16-18" bar. I have a spare 24" bar and chain for the big trees, so I'm leaning 16", which would also make this boat anchor a bit more user friendly.
Go with 20".
That saw is much easier to control and better reach with that bigger bar. 16" is jumpy especially on the nose with good chain so be careful.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, just a regular ol boat anchor Husky 460, that's why I'm thinking about that 16" Total Super bar in my Ebay cart... @Lightning Performance how jumpy is jumpy? Generally speaking I avoid using this saw unless I absolutely have to, I was thinking the 16" bar would make it more "wieldy".

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
6:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, just a regular ol boat anchor Husky 460, that's why I'm thinking about that 16" Total Super bar in my Ebay cart... @Lightning Performance how jumpy is jumpy? Generally speaking I avoid using this saw unless I absolutely have to, I was thinking the 16" bar would make it more "wieldy".
Sometimes if you bury a short bar, the nose will grab and try to climb up out of the cut at you.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never seen any of their machinery in the flesh but the h21d looks savage

I got to run a H14c and a F15 both are very nice machines to operate, one bonus is it’s still a family owned company as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDarkLordChinChin

My name Borat, I like you
Local time
1:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got to run a H14c and a F15 both are very nice machines to operate, one bonus is it’s still a family owned company as well.

Do you see many log max 12000 harvester heads on your sites?
Big heads like that are rare in Europe.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you see many log max 12000 harvester heads on your sites?
Big heads like that are rare in Europe.

I’ve seen them but they aren’t the norm you’ll see more big Waratah like 624/625/626 sized heads then big logmax heads. There’s a H21 here in Oregon above @CLEARCUT and @HYPERSAWS in the Eugene area running on one of the company’s grounds.