Trees you've cut

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doosan is sturdy healthy girl and the man holding the reins is good. Your speaking from past experiences with operators and weak machines?
Nope , I never let an operator decide where the tree is going. I'm at the stump not them. Pushing a tree not directly away from its lean and saving the butt logg out is always fun. Better be the correct species and set the stump up correctly.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope , I never let an operator decide where the tree is going. I'm at the stump not them. Pushing a tree not directly away from its lean and saving the butt logg out is always fun. Better be the correct species and set the stump up correctly.
Cool, great advice right there Colton.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
4742d520aac81495edb756ec0cdc247d.jpg

A little bit of a leaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doosan is sturdy healthy girl and the man holding the reins is good. Your speaking from past experiences with operators and weak machines?

Looks like a great way to bust a boom, rotax bearing/gear, and rip a dangle head right off the link.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool, appreciate the advice. You ripped one off your own excavator recently?

Nope I won’t push or pull with one if I’m having a tree pushed with a shovel or processor we use the heel rack. But I have been around guys that have think about the stresses you’re putting on that machine by doing with with an excavator boom that’s not designed for a head from day one.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope I won’t push or pull with one if I’m having a tree pushed with a shovel or processor we use the heel rack. But I have been around guys that have think about the stresses you’re putting on that machine by doing with with an excavator boom that’s not designed for a head from day one.

Do you recommend a bark box on the excavator too for a little extra power too? Worth 5% no?

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Some shovel operators I work with will push the tree, then flick their grapples up and catch it before it takes off down the hill. Obviously not too big of trees. They will work oversize trees with us too and clean the slash around the tree, push the tree over, hold the butt up in the air for me to flush-butt, let me plug my tape in, and then gently swing it past me right to a 35’ log. That only works if it’s not limby. Other shovel operators won’t do that stuff, or I don’t trust them. I work with two operators who are particularly good to work with, and help make my job easier. Now we just need to get some of the buncher operators on board, lol.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you recommend a bark box on the excavator too for a little extra power too? Worth 5% no?

Quit being cocky there’s plenty of guys here that have a lot more experience then you or I do, most of the time being cocky leads to a bad day for everyone.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Quit being cocky there’s plenty of guys here that have a lot more experience then you or I do, most of the time being cocky leads to a bad day for everyone.

So your a Egan straight shot muffler guy then? And you consider sharing pictures of trees I cut down on a forum thread on trees you cut as being cocky?

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So your a Egan straight shot muffler guy then? And you consider sharing pictures of trees I cut down on a forum thread on trees you cut as being cocky?

What’s it matter what I run it’s my preference and what works for me for what I do. When it comes to pushing and pulling timber it’s something that is an art to not bust equipment or worse get someone killed it might good to listen to a few guys about. Being cocky is your remarks to myself and @Coltont.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s it matter what I run it’s my preference and what works for me for what I do. When it comes to pushing and pulling timber it’s something that is an art to not bust equipment or worse get someone killed it might good to listen to a few guys about. Being cocky is your remarks to myself and @Coltont.

My questions offend you? I ask questions because that’s how I learn.

Flying_Dutchman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's up bud.
I'll vouch for you on that!
Dropped a couple pines Sat down in Freeport that I thought had PI on them, but it was leaves of five, so I just cut them down, or was that let them thrive lol. Dang things had mulberry growing up through them and around the secondaries and the cable lines on two sides, and there was a little bit of ivy around one side of the primary, but it was pretty small. The worst was all the crap around the secondaries, probably spent and hr getting it clear altogether.
View attachment 295596 View attachment 295597 View attachment 295598
Hey Brett! Yeah, it's always a relief when you realize it's VC, and not PI. And thick pines with all the little mulberry trees are fun [emoji1787]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've only had my V3507 for two years now, but due to a few rookie mistakes I've got a couple of nice kinks in the cable. One of these days I'd like to pick up a new cable that is a bit longer and keep the original as backup.
Give the supplier a call, they may be cheaper than you think.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Brett! Yeah, it's always a relief when you realize it's VC, and not PI. And thick pines with all the little mulberry trees are fun [emoji1787]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
It was, but I still couldn't break out of the mindset that it wasn't.
Plenty of people running around like that these days though ;).
I'll call you on the next one so you can join in on the fun :p.
I've got a long dead Ash and three cedars near a power line I may be doing this week, it's something to do, so I'll take it!

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I do mostly residential tight quarters felling and pick downs.
It would be nice to have a machine but getting through that three foot or thirty inch wide gate to the enclosed yard is going to be a real pisser.

I got some felling pics of this weeks sticks I saved for the mill.
Tonight or tomorrow might leave time to post them up.
Gotta as run soon.
Unload some sticks, trim some limbs over a swimming pool and blow off a back yard after the rest of the firewood is pick up today :)

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've only had my V3507 for two years now, but due to a few rookie mistakes I've got a couple of nice kinks in the cable. One of these days I'd like to pick up a new cable that is a bit longer and keep the original as backup.
I looked around online and I think it should be 5/16”x133’. You should be able to order that by size somewhere like an industrial supply house or rigging place. I know we can order cables up made to size, I’ve gotten them for my stuff.
As a matter of fact, I might have an extra around, 3/8”, not sure about length. It’s for my Warn M12000. Another consideration is I don’t know what ends you have on yours.