Titan clamp on bucket forks any good?

Bryan Newton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is an LS MT240HE. Hydrostat trans. I went with LS because they are feature rich and a quality machine. Almost half the price of a comparable green or orange tractor. Just make sure you have a good dealer because the only down fall to them is a thin dealer network.
That for info I have send a price request to local dealer but its 1.5 hrs awayv

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I started out with clamp ons for my 1025r. I bought the 1500 pound versions to save weight vs the 4000s. If your machine won’t pick 1500 don’t buy the 4000s. I wanted a cheaper option to see how much I would use them. They don’t lift enough being that far out from the pins but I could see they were very useful. I sold them and bought the titan quick attach forks. They’re still heavy but absolutely amazing, I have used them for countless projects. I wouldn’t waste your money on clamp ons.View attachment 352462

It's a 45hp 2 wheel drive, supposed to lift 2600 lbs. If by some miracle I can come up with $1500 for a real set, would you suggest 42 or 48" ?

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 42s, I wouldn’t go 48. Sometimes in tight areas I wished I bought 36s but have never wished for 48s. Save the clamp on money for now, I was lucky and caught them on sale. I got my money back out of them but they took a long to sell.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 42s, I wouldn’t go 48. Sometimes in tight areas I wished I bought 36s but have never wished for 48s. Save the clamp on money for now, I was lucky and caught them on sale. I got my money back out of them but they took a long to sell.

You know I said if by some miracle I got $1500, I would buy the real set. Yesterday when my wife got home from work I told her she had some mail from the hospital. (She had a major spine surgery in June and we have paid them a lot of money). She said it better not be another bill. She told me to open it. I started reading it and it said they charged us too much money and enclosed was a refund check for $1500. She said, there you go, go buy your forks. I'm going to call and order them today.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You know I said if by some miracle I got $1500, I would buy the real set. Yesterday when my wife got home from work I told her she had some mail from the hospital. (She had a major spine surgery in June and we have paid them a lot of money). She said it better not be another bill. She told me to open it. I started reading it and it said they charged us too much money and enclosed was a refund check for $1500. She said, there you go, go buy your forks. I'm going to call and order them today.

Well there you go! Problem solved. You will be way happier in the long run with the dedicated forks.

Seems like if you really need something it just works out! If you really want something and you never seem to catch a break, you don't need it. At least that's how it always happens with me!:)

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well there you go! Problem solved. You will be way happier in the long run with the dedicated forks.

Seems like if you really need something it just works out! If you really want something and you never seem to catch a break, you don't need it. At least that's how it always happens with me!:)

I will have to say I have a great wife. I ordered the forks. About 4 weeks to make them. They are being made by a company called WR Long. It's right here in NC about 4 hours away.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Good call on the 42"s. Not to show off, but I have a set of each and definitely prefer the 42". They're less likely to cause problems while trying to maneuver the tractor in the woods, and when you're handling logs, generally you'll scoop the log, tip the forks back to roll the log back against the carriage (I try to get the loader down onto the ground for that part, so the shock gets absorbed there instead of into the tractor), drive where you're going, then when you unload, you have to get the log off the end of the forks. The longer the forks, the faster it's gonna be rolling or sliding by the time it gets off.

Okay, I guess I'll show off a little bit. Here's my kubota with both sets in action. I welded 3 point pins onto one set, so I can use it on the back. Works great. I wouldn't have bought the second set, but a woman had them on Craigslist for $150. I offered her that and some syrup and veggies. She ended up just wanting $150 worth of produce, so I would have been an idiot not to go get them. IMG_20190507_145152.jpg

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good call on the 42"s. Not to show off, but I have a set of each and definitely prefer the 42". They're less likely to cause problems while trying to maneuver the tractor in the woods, and when you're handling logs, generally you'll scoop the log, tip the forks back to roll the log back against the carriage (I try to get the loader down onto the ground for that part, so the shock gets absorbed there instead of into the tractor), drive where you're going, then when you unload, you have to get the log off the end of the forks. The longer the forks, the faster it's gonna be rolling or sliding by the time it gets off.

Okay, I guess I'll show off a little bit. Here's my kubota with both sets in action. I welded 3 point pins onto one set, so I can use it on the back. Works great. I wouldn't have bought the second set, but a woman had them on Craigslist for $150. I offered her that and some syrup and veggies. She ended up just wanting $150 worth of produce, so I would have been an idiot not to go get them. View attachment 352715

Nice setup. I thought about getting a 3 point set because they were a lot cheaper but my back and neck can't take all that twisting and turning and I would have had to bought a hydraulic top link to be able to tilt them.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice setup. I thought about getting a 3 point set because they were a lot cheaper but my back and neck can't take all that twisting and turning and I would have had to bought a hydraulic top link to be able to tilt them.

Thanks. I'm extremely lucky to have bought that stuff when I did. I listened to a lot of guys your age and older who had wrecked backs from years of hard work and wished they'd bought a loader tractor earlier. My dad grew veggies with 8Ns for 40 years before we bought this kubota. Funny thing was when we were shopping he was not convinced about the loader. "do you really need it??". Yeah, dad, we REALLY need it.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I'm extremely lucky to have bought that stuff when I did. I listened to a lot of guys your age and older who had wrecked backs from years of hard work and wished they'd bought a loader tractor earlier. My dad grew veggies with 8Ns for 40 years before we bought this kubota. Funny thing was when we were shopping he was not convinced about the loader. "do you really need it??". Yeah, dad, we REALLY need it.

I grew up with 8Ns as well. No loaders back then. You were lucky if the brakes even worked.

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an older Massey Ferguson tractor with a 232 loader and need some forks. It is the old style pin on bucket and all the pallet forks I can find are the quick attach. I called the MF dealer and he said they could have a set made but it would be about $1500 and take 1-4 months to get them. I saw the clamp on forks online and wondered if any of you have any real world experience with them.
Thanks.
I use them. Small John Deere. My buddy uses them on his big tractor. Best Buy on the market I’ve found.

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have them on a small JD. Mine are the straight clamp ons. Easy on and off. Good for brush and a host of other things.