Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This Tillitson HS would not pass a pressure test at all after rebuilding with a Genuine RK-23-HS kit. After checking the usual suspect, the needle valve, it was obvious something else was amiss. Dunked it in a jar of water and bubbles were pouring out the impulse port. Took the cap off the fuel pump side and upon very close inspection, could barely see the imprint in the gasket was not even. Checked the body with a straight edge and it was warped mostly on the edges. So out came the flat file and a piece of glass with some sandpaper on top of it and squared it away, which took care of the problem. Not sure the cause of this mess, only thing I can say is this was before Husqvarna put plastic sleeves over the mounting screws. So I guess until a better theory comes along, I'll blame it on heat for now.

If you look close you can see the little bubble coming out and one floating up.IMG_20160630_160345_783.jpg

Had to go to the Jethro Bodine Detective school to cypher this one out.IMG_20160630_161937_184.jpg
All is well that ends well. No more bubbles and I let it stay there for three songs on the radio without a wiggle on the gauge. Hoping that's the end of its shenanigans, worried after filing and sanding of a booger getting in there and messing up the works, we shall see during fire up how she goes. IMG_20160630_165127_702.jpg

Even though this wasn't the usual carb rebuild, using the pressure checker before installation did save me the extra work of having to take it back off when it didn't work right on the saw. Surely it would have made an extra rich or even a flood out condition.