Trader history (2)

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Boatguy, any love or hate for the old Elgins?
I have two 7.5s and been able to keep 1 running for like ever.

Today while making room for more junk I came across some boat parts you probably want. Next time I get the chance for pics n stuff I might message you.

Steven is awesome

:confused: hahaha that's alot to live up to.....

Thanks Gunner. :beer-toast1:

Steven

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I saw Jimmy pulling out deep cycle batteries yesterday whilst I picked through he bone pile for exhaust pipe materials, again, for saw exhaust. He has two fast boats and third almost done.
The Sidwinder is looking lke triple digits out of the box for a shake down. 225 power jack plate, cavitation plates and a fresh powerhead. This one will make your nuts retreat.

I'm getting out my 9.9 soon and hooking it to something a bit bigger than the seven foot row boat this year. I'll PM you Steve about fitting up a bigger carb. Might just hack it up too. Shave the heads, grind the ports and bump it up.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So is their like an outboard motor forum like the saw forums out there?

Several of them. I learned a long time ago to stay away from them. To many internet experts on them. I deal with enough of them at work. I like the smaller group of gearheads that hang out around here. Pretty diverse bunch of fartnockers and fellers.

Steven

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Several of them. I learned a long time ago to stay away from them. To many internet experts on them. I deal with enough of them at work. I like the smaller group of gearheads that hang out around here. Pretty diverse bunch of fartnockers and fellers.

Steven
Some forums are just, too much. Another I like when engaging in boats, fishing in and offshore is Barnegat Fishing Hole. Everyone from wrenches and bankers to ladies on small center consoles and "real" large and small fishing charters.
This place is the most diverse bunch of knuckleheads I've ever seen in one place. Very few cunny lil clicks round here. Definitely some diversity and experienced men with quality information on a broad range of subjects. And, the characters....

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Steven

Whale chit! I was hoping to find one so I can find a member hoarding motors near by lol. I've been looking for something small for my 14 foot boat to putt around in.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Whale chit! I was hoping to find one so I can find a member hoarding motors near by lol. I've been looking for something small for my 14 foot boat to putt around in.
14ft boat is a damn broad term, slacker mfer.
Yuen feel me breathin down ur neck lol

Pics ffs

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stand it up on the tail take a pic or three and one of the bottom center transom from the back. They really tell the tale. Your looking at a fairly stout hull there. I have a 1970 Starcraft 16' custom cc wif a 77' 35 rude and 5hp Sears or other and an electric kicker.

The more dead rise you have in the hull the more drag. More strakes more drag. Flat chines dry boat. More steps less drag at high speed planing. You get the idea. If your not going to run up on plane, a ten horse... it will do. An eight hp would suffer even with a two blade on that boat @2/3 throttle, just sayin'.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stand it up on the tail take a pic or three and one of the bottom center transom from the back. They really tell the tale. Your looking at a fairly stout hull there. I have a 1970 Starcraft 16' custom cc wif a 77' 35 rude and 5hp Sears or other and an electric kicker.

The more dead rise you have in the hull the more drag. More strakes more drag. Flat chines dry boat. More steps less drag at high speed planing. You get the idea. If your not going to run up on plane, a ten horse... it will do. An eight hp would suffer even with a two blade on that boat @2/3 throttle, just sayin'.

Next time I'm out at my uncles I'll get some pics. I mostly got it to island jump on the river here mushroom hunting. So I need a light power unit to make it easy to drag over sand bars.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Next time I'm out at my uncles I'll get some pics. I mostly got it to island jump on the river here mushroom hunting. So I need a light power unit to make it easy to drag over sand bars.
Get a flat bottom for no wake water. My boat drafts 9" with gear leaning to one side. Modified V. We can drag it over bars with 6" of water. Wind in your favor. Requires about 18" draft to hole-shot it up and out. Get one from Steve. Money well spent.