High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The Wood ID Thread ( or name this wood type )

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
1:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But harder than your mother-in-law’s head.

A quick Giggle perusal indicates locust around 1700 and mesquite 2300

Add in desert dried and chains skate. Hammers and axes ping off it…not as crazy as ironwood…which coincidentally I just dropped in water and watched it sink. Crazy.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
A quick Giggle perusal indicates locust around 1700 and mesquite 2300

Add in desert dried and chains skate. Hammers and axes ping off it…not as crazy as ironwood…which coincidentally I just dropped in water and watched it sink. Crazy.
Both likely harder than your MILs head.🤷🏼‍♂️ I agree the janka scale doesn’t often tell the whole story. Environmental factors play a large role in the characteristics of a particular tree on a micro climate scale. I will say none of the trees in North America come close to something like Ipe (Brazilian walnut) or Cumaru (Brazilian teak). Trying to saw or work those species is an exercise in frustration.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both likely harder than your MILs head.🤷🏼‍♂️ I agree the janka scale doesn’t often tell the whole story. Environmental factors play a large role in the characteristics of a particular tree on a micro climate scale. I will say none of the trees in North America come close to something like Ipe (Brazilian walnut) or Cumaru (Brazilian teak). Trying to saw or work those species is an exercise in frustration.
I use Jatoba wedges for hanging axe heads , that is tough stuff,