High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The Wood ID Thread ( or name this wood type )

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Owner has no clue and this is the best pic available.
Red Oak-Elm-Maple???
123628985_10224760192139226_857848263522403531_o.jpg
Can you post a closeup pic of the leaves?

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who you talking to man...him or me?o_O
Hahahaha. Just in general. White oak that's pink in color will always pay less than white oak that's tan. Your getting a loggers perspective here, not saying it's bad for firewood, but white oak comes in a variety of shades, even it's a true white oak and not a sub species of the variety.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear you. I appreciate what you've shared. Good stuff indeed.
My prospects fall more under the slice n dice for firewood purposes. :cunaooooo:
I sometimes wish I had the equipment to take some prime logs to the mill, but even if I did I would be completely out of my element.
A friend of mine took a humongous cherry log(over 12 ft by 40 in dia) if I remember correctly...and they gave him around $200...no metal, no splitting on the ends, no knots!

Last edited:

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hahahaha. Just in general. White oak that's pink in color will always pay less than white oak that's tan. Your getting a loggers perspective here, not saying it's bad for firewood, but white oak comes in a variety of shades, even it's a true white oak and not a sub species of the variety.

Interesting. I have never seen red/pink colored white oak. But we do not have a lot of white oak in this area. The bark definitely looks like white oak bark, the wood looks like red oak, which you have explained. As hard as they are to see, the leaves look like white oak also. Thanks for the lesson. My best way of IDing white or red oak, other than by looking, is by the smell.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting. I have never seen red/pink colored white oak. But we do not have a lot of white oak in this area. The bark definitely looks like white oak bark, the wood looks like red oak, which you have explained. As hard as they are to see, the leaves look like white oak also. Thanks for the lesson. My best way of IDing white or red oak, other than by looking, is by the smell.
Phones can change the color a bit also.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice stick of wood. Doesn't look like oak.