High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The things you've found in trees, logs and firewood.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gawd damn that's funny! I'd love to know the full story on that bar and chain.

"My first attempt at tree felling isn't going very well. I'll come back later after I check the internet for advice."

"I pinched my bar in a tree, so I went and got another saw, then I couldn't find the tree again." "How did you get the bar pinched?" "I was trying a new idea I had about making a back-cut from the front."

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
7:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work with a sawmiller from time to time and watched him using a metal detector checking over some big logs he was buying. I hadn’t seen it before so I walked over and asked what he’d found that was of any interest. He told me he purchased a huge black walnut crotch once, biggest he ever saw BEFORE checking it out. He was thinking ahead of all the tables he was gonna make. After the deal was done he decided to check it out. He said the thing went off from about 4’ away, he couldn’t believe it so he checked some known good and bad and decided the detector was telling the truth. There was metal in it. He drug it over to the burn pile and over the course of several weeks a 4 1/2’ plowshear shaped like a giant fishhook slowly came into view. He figures someone years ago set it in the crotch and the tree grew around it.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I buggered up a nicely sharpened chain finding this pot of gold coins. It is probably going to take me hours and two files to get it sharp again...

4FF28C4A00000578-6148791-image-m-21_1536518177528.jpg

Was there any collector grade in that?

I’d still be upset I ruined a chain..............Not!!

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone MUST have found something valuable in a tree at some time. All we keep hearing about is the junk that shreds the chains. If someone has a story of new found riches, please post it to give me hope that my next encounter with sparks could be a rags to riches story.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't hit it with a saw but found it in the crotch of a soft maple tree the wind split .Forty odd years after the fact some 18 year old which just happened to be me at my graduation party of 1966 placed a beer bottle in the crotch and it grew around it..A few years prior in an apple tree that has to be 100 years old I hit nails while dead wooding it that I drove in it at 10-11 years old building a tree house .The tree got even with me,ruined a perfectly good chain .Freakin karma will get you in the end .

Thumper88

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Older post but I’m reviving. Cousin had a circle mill when I was a teenager. We were milling out a bit wild cherry and hit a damn railroad spike. It ripped several teeth and ringshanks out of that blade. Sounded like a bomb went off. Also found an old crosscut grown up in a tree way on the backside of the mountain I grew up on while digging ginseng about 15 years ago. Sorry no pictures, didn’t have a camera phone back in those days

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Older post but I’m reviving. Cousin had a circle mill when I was a teenager. We were milling out a bit wild cherry and hit a damn railroad spike. It ripped several teeth and ringshanks out of that blade. Sounded like a bomb went off. Also found an old crosscut grown up in a tree way on the backside of the mountain I grew up on while digging ginseng about 15 years ago. Sorry no pictures, didn’t have a camera phone back in those days
Go get pics of the crosscut

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’ll see if I can find that holler next time I’m up at my dads. They have logged close to that area since then and it’s a huge off road park so it’ll be a miracle if I find it.
I found a group online dedicated to Things found in Trees.
Check it out.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
12:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A while back I milled the top off this ash, I noticed something, thought a washing line or something. It was approx 6-8ft up the tree, but in the middle of the log while milling.
My mill wouldn’t go any wider. And that was it for the day.
899AEB54-D773-467E-96D3-21529F72FC61.jpeg 45A719C4-23D9-44BA-AD84-E5466F263E7A.jpeg