The Official Tire Thread

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had my heart set on some Goodyear steers for my KW.They were out of stock...
So the manager made me an offer i couldn't refuse on a couple of offshore tires sipped.If i don't like them he will refund me towards some Goodyear's005.JPG and i can put them on my dump truck. I have 8 drive tires to change as well,they are a mixture of treads almost new.Wish i was 25 again 10 tires will be a long day Urggg006.JPG
Then here are the new drives on my roll back,put them on last fall and never used the truck all winter,what a waste.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like tires made in the USA

Then you should love Coopers, not only made in the USA, also American owned, the only other is Goodyear. Both are world wide companies.
As of 2015, there are a number of vehicle tires made in the United States: B.F Goodrich, Bridgestone/Firestone, Cooper, Goodyear, Dunlop, Kelly-Springfield, Titan Tire and Yokohama Tire. The U.S. Department of Transportation requires all tires have a code indicating where the tires were made and by which company.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
5:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then you should love Coopers, not only made in the USA, also American owned, the only other is Goodyear. Both are world wide companies.
As of 2015, there are a number of vehicle tires made in the United States: B.F Goodrich, Bridgestone/Firestone, Cooper, Goodyear, Dunlop, Kelly-Springfield, Titan Tire and Yokohama Tire. The U.S. Department of Transportation requires all tires have a code indicating where the tires were made and by which company.
Cooper sold out last I knew. Used to love em, not worth a chit now

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I just looked them up and it said they were going to sell out in a company in India but that deal fell apart.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just looked them up and it said they were going to sell out in a company in India but that deal fell apart.

Hope they stay, back ten years ago they were the only tire company making new designs that sent them straight to the top. Last year a friend bought a redesigned ATP that was a marked improvement in traction over the original AT3. The S/T MAXX is the best tire I've ever owned for a truck. Traction and quiet at the same time, usually you get one or the other. All Cooper says is they are still made in America, doesn't mention ownership.

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Went to our local tire shop (there a cooper dealer) last year for tires for my sons truck. Asked the guys for prices on couple different cooper tires. He literally told me don’t buy any cooper truck tires , we’ve been experiencing all kinds of problems with them in the last year. Said there quality control had gone to *s-word.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to our local tire shop (there a cooper dealer) last year for tires for my sons truck. Asked the guys for prices on couple different cooper tires. He literally told me don’t buy any cooper truck tires , we’ve been experiencing all kinds of problems with them in the last year. Said there quality control had gone to *s-word.

That's a damn shame, guess I just have to be happy having a good set.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I heard the same too.