av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
7:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Look like cool little saws. Why do you say they are race saws? They certainly look to be in good shape.

Mrhank88

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Look like cool little saws. Why do you say they are race saws? They certainly look to be in good shape.
Flywheels are all shaved down to nothing, huge carbs on them. Exhaust is completely gutted, can see the piston through all the holes drilled lol and the compression is just wild! Hit yourself in the nuts if you don’t start them on the ground kinda wild!

Even a spacer under the spark plug just so piston doesn’t hit.
Both saws have JCH stamped in them, I’m assuming that’s the builder.

Attachments

• B01E9C62-97F1-46A9-B2BE-D478141C5ACF.jpeg
    B01E9C62-97F1-46A9-B2BE-D478141C5ACF.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 21

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If he gets the saw running the price will jump sky high.

Just saying.
Way too suspicious that he "wants to get it going" !
He does that with anything that looks big, rare, or has Husky/Stihl written on it.
I managed to pry a 268 Husky carcass away from hime once. It had been sitting in a wheelbarrow full of water in front of his shop for a couple of days. No top end on it, so the crank is trashed. It does have good casings and a few other parts. Most importantly, it was sporting a full wrap bar.
He even griped about that. I told him there was no way he was putting it back together, and just let it go.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Flywheels are all shaved down to nothing, huge carbs on them. Exhaust is completely gutted, can see the piston through all the holes drilled lol and the compression is just wild! Hit yourself in the nuts if you don’t start them on the ground kinda wild!

Even a spacer under the spark plug just so piston doesn’t hit.
Both saws have JCH stamped in them, I’m assuming that’s the builder.
You going to race them?

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This saw has taught me a lot, finally getting the carb close to tuned. Saw scared me at first. It's my first completed build on a 7900 thats ported all the way. Did this saw for my buddy, hopefully he likes it and it scares him too :D

Rich helped me understand the modded carb more and I've been able to tweak it in. Hopefully I can get a video soon we just had monsoons and lots of trees down.

53117.jpeg

Last edited: