DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

RCBS

Redneck Savant Extraordinaire
Local time
9:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess what I was asking...is there a retailer there I can order directly from? I've bought motorcycle gear out of Europe but that is the extent of my experience.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Remeber that CC-116 I showed a few pages back?
I finshed reviewing her last weekend and finally took some pics earlier today.
I didn't succeed to get her running but at least she issued some coughs before hopeless
drowning. But the sound of the few ignitions she gave today makes me urgently want her
to fire up and puts me in optimistic mood she soon will.
My efforts restoring her have been pretty few so far: A thorough but cautious cleansing,
a set of new carb diagphragms and fixing some of the worst coating-dents (which weren't many)

The colour-scheme orange/green (orange RAL 2004 / Green RAL 6026) was typical for the early builds
of the make. Later CC-116 builds were coated tangerine (RAL 2002)

Some specs:
Model: CC 116
Built: 1968
Displacement: 80 cc
Power-Rating: 5 PS (~ 7hp)
Weight: ~10 kg plus B&C

Here are some pics taken today:

rear-right.jpgfront.jpgrear-left.jpgright.jpgfront-left.jpg

She was a catch and turned out to be a real beauty IMHO

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Remeber that CC-116 I showed a view pages back?
I finshed looking after her last weekend and finally took some pics earlier today.
I didn't succeed to get her running but at least she issued some coughs before hopeless
drowning. But the sound of the few ignitions she gave me today makes me urgently want her
to fire up and put me in optimistic mood she soon will.
My efforts restoring her have been pretty few so far: A thorough but cautious cleansing,
a set of new carb diagphragms and fixing some of the worst coating-dents (which weren't many)

The colour-scheme orange/green (orange RAL 2004 / Green RAL 6026) was typical for the early builds
of the make. Later CC-116 builds were coated tangerine RAL-2002

Some specs:
Built: 1969

View attachment 398262View attachment 398263View attachment 398264View attachment 398265View attachment 398266

You sure do fine work Mr. H.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Remeber that CC-116 I showed a view pages back?
I finshed looking after her last weekend and finally took some pics earlier today.
drowning. But the sound of the few ignitions she gave me today makes me urgently want her
to fire up and put me in optimistic mood she soon will.

of the make. Later CC-116 builds were coated tangerine RAL-2002

Some specs:
Built: 1969

View attachment 398262View attachment 398263View attachment 398264View attachment 398265View attachment 398266

Very nice! Well done

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you!

Killer paint job.
The paint job was limited to patches to the oil-tank, round the fuel tank's refill and a few spots on starter housing.
Both green (RAL 6026) parts have remained in their original state, just a little cleaning applied.

This saw was in great shape when I bought her a couple of weeks ago, she seemed to be an very good starting point
and she didn't fail :thumbup:

Last edited:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I notice Makita still has the gas powered stuff on their website. Seems to me like they would have been keen to delete it when they threw Dolmar off the train.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I notice Makita still has the gas powered stuff on their website.
Yes, it's a little bit weird when they first announce to stop production of all petrol-powered tool enterprise wide,
then kill one of their major brands for power-tools and a year later you still find petrol-powered cut-off saws in their product line.
In germany there still are 3 power-cut-off-saws available: EK6101, EK7301 and EK8100 all which look like
the Makita branded counterparts of the discontinued DOLMAR models.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Even if I didn't post very often the last few months I have rebuilt or overhauled some Dolmars for my pleasure
other then those two 60ies oldies CA and CC.

E.g. I added a SACHS-DOLMAR 120 to my collection, a model I have had a couple of years ago but had sold it.
I felt the growing need to refill that gap and so I did:

vorn_ungereinigt.jpg
links_ungereinigt.jpg
oben_ungereinigt.jpg
rechts_ungereinigt.jpg

She was advertised as running well and easy starting but that wasn't what I received

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As can be seen in the previous post, she has a wrong muffler (the low 112-114 type can)
but quite a few other defects:
A sized piston, the oil tank worn through because of broken AV-bumper (which had been replaced but the tank left with a hole)
a partly-broken wrap-handle (which IMHO was a handle designed for a plastic tank and which had been forced to fit to a metal tank)
and stuck oil-pump and kill-line from coil to kills-witch had lost most of its lagging (already replaced in the foto below).

All of that makes me think she wasn't that good a runner as advertised. Even been moderately priced withh all thes glitches she was too expensive
kolbenfresser.jpg
loch_im_oeltank.jpg
buegelgriff_bruchstelle.jpg
oelpumpe.jpg
zuendung.jpg

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As can be seen in the previous post, she has a wrong muffler (the low 112-114 type can)
but quite a few other defects:
A sized piston, the oil tank worn through because of broken AV-bumper (which had been replaced but the tank left with a hole)
a partly-broken wrap-handle (which IMHO was a handle designed for a plastic tank and which had been forced to fit to a metal tank)
and stuck oil-pump and kill-line from coil to kills-witch had lost most of its lagging (already replaced in the foto below).

All of that makes me think she wasn't that good a runner as advertised. Even been moderately priced withh all thes glitches she was too expensive
View attachment 399107
View attachment 399108
View attachment 399109
View attachment 399110
View attachment 399111
I got some 120 parts. Shipping might kill the deal but I can look if there is something specific you can't find over your way

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now here is more to see:
auspuff.jpg
Muffler with corect size

tank_gereinigt.jpg
Tank after cleaning. I used acetone to degrease the frayed out hole and epoxied it.

starter.jpg
Starter assembly with new rope and self-made decal. Note the starter is made of metal not plastic.

motor_magnetseite.jpg

motor_kupplungsseite.jpg
Repaired coating