Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will both be 79's?
That will be a nice duo! :cool:

Yes, on the right, is my long term super cursed build. Piecing it back together from many saws.

Left, a home depot saw I went through for a good buddy. He fights wild land fires for usgs. He ran my 7300 and I told him that it got even better...so this dual 7900 project began. It took 20 hours to clean the dang thing.

Having sausage fingas cut the squish and base and I'll port them.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, on the right, is my long term super cursed build. Piecing it back together from many saws.

Left, a home depot saw I went through for a good buddy. He fights wild land fires for usgs. He ran my 7300 and I told him that it got even better...so this dual 7900 project began. It took 20 hours to clean the dang thing.

Having sausage fingas cut the squish and base and I'll port them.
That's cool!
I know my XS5000 is wicked, can't imagine what Kevin can do to a 79'er. :eek:

Good luck on Your builds, don't forget to make a couple vids for us! :)

RCBS

Redneck Savant Extraordinaire
Local time
9:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Halp?

Recently got my first Makita. EA6100. Unpleased with the high side adjustment restrictor...how do I get it off? Best I can tell there is a plastic ring on the screw beneath the dd head? (eyes aren't great anymore and I can't really see much except for a possible plastic ring under the head of the screw?) Can I stab an exacto in there and get it? Only having 1/2 a turn of adjustment sucks. Plan to decat the muffler and thinking I'll need a little more room to work? Will the screw vibrate around without it on there?

How is the restrictor removed?

Muchas gracias

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Recently got my first Makita. EA6100. Unpleased with the high side adjustment restrictor...how do I get it off?

AFAIK there is no adjustent restrictor. The EA6100 has a Double-D-cut H needle to prevent end-users maladjusting their saw.
Either you get yourself a Double-D screwdriver or cut a slot into the needle with dremel.

Plan to decat the muffler

There is no cat to remove in the EA6100 muffler. The model uses stratos to meet pollution regulations.

RCBS

Redneck Savant Extraordinaire
Local time
9:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just get one of these y’all be satisfied View attachment 336816

Bigger the saw, the more work to be done. Allbeit faster.
AFAIK there is no adjustent restrictor. The EA6100 has a Double-D-cut H needle to prevent end-users maladjusting their saw.
Either you get yourself a Double-D screwdriver or cut a slot into the needle with dremel.

There is no cat to remove in the EA6100 muffler. The model uses stratos to meet pollution regulations.

I guess 'de-gutting' would be more appropriate a term. Rectangular 'baffle' thingy.

I have a DD tool. Screw will only turn about 1/2 turn either direction. I can feel it seat I think, but I can only get 1/2 turn out from there without feeling a lot of resistance. The L screw turns very easily in comparison.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello folks,

lately I have overhauled the little PS-390 I bought defective a few months ago.

ankunft_lo.jpg

On arrival the looked quite OK, pulley not fully retreating, kill-switch broken but otherwise...

kupplung-1.jpg

She even has the improved clutch of the PS-410 and a built-in chain tensioner. But as you might have noticed on the picture above
she also carries a lot of sticking oil- and resin remains. In fact the whole saw is sticky regardless where you touch her.

kettenbremse-1.jpg

kettenbremse-2.jpg

The chain brake's inner parts were glued together entirely so the brake lever couldn't even be moved.

dreck_bei_oelpumpe.jpg

The debris was that tough and sticky, I think this was the worst saw body I have had to deal with the last years.
I've spent hours and hours to get that stuff of her...

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
noch_dreckig_nach_stundenlanger_reinigung.jpg

Even after multiple applications of barbecue-cleaner-spray, mechanical scraping, brake cleaner fluid, high pressure blast ... still dirt remained.

beschichtung_hinter_zuendmodul.jpg

Same at the opposite side behind the ingnition module where usually little oil an dirt gather, body coating was ruined.

I finally decided to put this crank-case away and start over with a one in good shape I still had in stock.
Should have decided that way in first place, would have saved me lots of futile cleaning efforts...

Fortunately top-end was in good shape, only piston ring had a tiny dent causing a blowby stain on the piston.

kolbenring-delle.jpg

Piston ring, main bearings, main gaskets as well as carb diaphragms were replaced. Same with pulley rope and intake gaskets.

And this is her now — running, starting fine and looking almost new if I had a better b&c for her...

fertig_vl.jpg
fertig2_hr.jpg

Last edited: