The Official Farming Thread...

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
1:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My idiot procrastinator neighbor never banded his last 2 bull calves. They were like 1 or 1.5 yrs old last week and he decided to sell them cuz he never banded them and couldn’t do it at that age/weight/temper. Almost every week he told me he was gonna do it, never did. Just like he’s been saying he’s gonna remodel our unfinished apartment for the past 13 years!

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My idiot procrastinator neighbor never banded his last 2 bull calves. They were like 1 or 1.5 yrs old last week and he decided to sell them cuz he never banded them and couldn’t do it at that age/weight/temper. Almost every week he told me he was gonna do it, never did. Just like he’s been saying he’s gonna remodel our unfinished apartment for the past 13 years!
Wait, so you have an idiot procrastinating neighbor and are waiting for him to remodel an apartment for you. Um, he's not the idiot methinks!

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wait, so you have an idiot procrastinating neighbor and are waiting for him to remodel an apartment for you. Um, he's not the idiot methinks!
How is he not an idiot? We’re not really waiting. We don’t even care cuz it’s so cheap and we’re moving anyways this Summer sadly.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How is he not an idiot? We’re not really waiting. We don’t even care cuz it’s so cheap and we’re moving anyways this Summer sadly.
Are you a bot?

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stay away from pot and holes.
The only pots I have are fer gardening. I never did pot or any such thing and never will. The only holes I find myself in are from dogs digging or something like dat.

Reactions: Lnk

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Planted my first row of Yukon Golds last night, gonna do another row tonight. Grew several hundred pounds last year, hope to double it this year. Slowly building up my annual yield to where produce is a viable income stream. And, I just love growing things and I've always been good at root vegetables. There are some independent restaurants and grocery stores I'm going to pitch them to. I wonder what a fair price would be for totally organic potatoes? Obviously farmer's market prices are inflated compared to what a restaurant or store would pay.

jblnut

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Test pumped the new irrigation well at 450gpm for 24hrs and all looked good. We test pumped again for 24hrs at 350gpm which is where the irrigator is set at and it looked even better. The DNR peeps will be happy we did the second pump and recorded all the info so they can see how it looks. I’m pumped to get this going ! The pipe will be here next week and the irrigator should be running sometime in June/July.
IMG_1122.jpeg

Also made another couple trips to town with around 80,000lbs of corn each trip.
IMG_1089.jpeg