av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
8:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Think he was a shill for the seller to raise the price?

Philbert
I don’t know. You’d think he’d know when to quit if it was. It’s the craziest auction I’ve ever seen. I was very disappointed. The last 166 I saw sailed for just under $1700. I found that about 5 mins before it ended and wasn’t prepared. I was pretty excited to find this one. I tuned in to check on it and was surprised to see $3300. Then right before my eyes it went back and forth up to $4300. Unbelievable! The last time I checked it was a stable $1559.
Then I start checking other auctions I’m involved with and I find him in another. (eBay mixes up characters and letters when describing bidders , but for some reason the transaction report is accurate.That’s how I found him. (3) Kinda stands out. The other fellow involved was there as well (152).
The good news! While (3) was fighting it out with (152) over the 166, I sniped them both at the bell for a crispy (new) 120 Super. Paid more than I expected, but got the sob. (and screwed (3) and (152) LOL)
All three of us looking at the same Dolmars at the same (almost) time.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t know. You’d think he’d know when to quit if it was. It’s the craziest auction I’ve ever seen. I was very disappointed. The last 166 I saw sailed for just under $1700. I found that about 5 mins before it ended and wasn’t prepared. I was pretty excited to find this one. I tuned in to check on it and was surprised to see $3300. Then right before my eyes it went back and forth up to $4300. Unbelievable! The last time I checked it was a stable $1559.
Then I start checking other auctions I’m involved with and I find him in another. (eBay mixes up characters and letters when describing bidders , but for some reason the transaction report is accurate.That’s how I found him. (3) Kinda stands out. The other fellow involved was there as well (152).
The good news! While (3) was fighting it out with (152) over the 166, I sniped them both at the bell for a crispy (new) 120 Super. Paid more than I expected, but got the sob. (and screwed (3) and (152) LOL)
All three of us looking at the same Dolmars at the same (almost) time.

Something I try to keep in mind is that Billions of people are on this planet and a fraction have more money than you and I will ever make or see in our lifetimes, when they want a thing they can spend whatever it takes because it doesn't have any consequences as a minus to their wealth.
Sometimes those people want a certain chainsaw, so be it.
The saws I built for tens of dollars are always more fun for me to run because I put sometime and work into it( more than I expected sometimes) , lets face it rich people are increasing but pride in work and craftsmanship are declining. So whats more valuable?

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
21288e3d0f8884152dd3cd1ea33ba7f1.jpg

https://asheville.craigslist.org/tls/d/asheville-chainsaw-stihl-361/7442001573.html