The Official Craigslist & eBay Thread

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
12:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
6401 makita I got on ebay, turned out to have a new 7910 topend on it, they had the brake setup wrong and the band was holding the clutch drum tight, they thought it was blown up.
I've seen weird stuff with dolmars. When I worked at a dolmar dealer in 2008, we got one 6400 new out of the box, I actually took it out of it's box that it was shipped in from the distribution center. I put a bar and chain on it then hung it on the rack for sale. A month later a customer came in with a 6400 that blew up, ran too lean. He was a commercial guy, and new p+c was backordered, so I tore down the new 6400 that was up for sale. Upon removing the jug, I was like, wtf that's a big piston for 64cc! Yep this 6400 was shipped from the factory with a 7900 jug. So that customer got a free upgrade.
Another one was a 5100s with heated handles. New out of the box, sold it, so I fired it up and tested the saw, no heat! So started testing handles for ohms and it checked out fine. Then I found the wires going to the stator weren't connected to anything. Pulled the flywheel and there was no stator!!!. The flywheel had inner magnets but the factory forgot the stator. Yea that among other issues ruined my relationship with dolmar