Looks like a heavy thinning

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah you're definitely walking back to the end to take that off. What's that caliper set up all about?

It adjusts the length and diameter on the head. In Europe the machine scales the wood before the mill ever sees it so at the end of the shift they have to send a report to the mill of what’s been cut with the scale report. They have a requirement of 3% of max variation between the caliper and the harvester. When measuring I enter the length then measure the top in two places then it has me go and measure on the 50’s in centimeters like 950, 850, 750, ect down to 150 with a last measurement of 130cm with all of these places measuring the diameter in two places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
9:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It adjusts the length and diameter on the head. In Europe the machine scales the wood before the mill ever sees it so at the end of the shift they have to send a report to the mill of what’s been cut with the scale report. They have a requirement of 3% of max variation between the caliper and the harvester. When measuring I enter the length then measure the top in two places then it has me go and measure on the 50’s in centimeters like 950, 850, 750, ect down to 150 with a last measurement of 130cm with all of these places measuring the diameter in two places.

I'm a Faller, they think Fallers are retarded. They only give us half the specs to work with as a Heli rigger. Who's laughing now..haha

PS: metric rocks! 'Power to the 10'

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a Faller, they think Fallers are retarded. They only give us half the specs to work with as a Heli rigger. Who's laughing now..haha

PS: metric rocks! 'Power to the 10'

No we are a dying breed no matter where you are in the world the day is coming where you only will have the nastiest ground.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No we are a dying breed no matter where you are in the world the day is coming where you only will have the nastiest ground.

We will always be needed however. Not to mention all the older guys retiring, and not many young guys getting in it at all. Generally, like you said, we will get the nastiest ground, but that’s ok.

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score

how much ground do you think a tether set would do on fairly tough hills?

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
how much ground do you think a tether set would do on fairly tough hills?

I’ll get a picture of some of the ground they’ve been cutting, the operator said it’s not the steepest slope they’ve cut yet. Honestly I don’t care for it myself I don’t trust the cable or cables to hold a 90k machine on the hill. The area where I am is the hot bed for two of the manufacturers of the gear so we’ve seen a ton of it going on in this area an area that was all hand cut ground till about 2 years ago now it’s all tethered ground with one cutter that is cutting one day a week is what we were told now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Skeansey thinks tethering is going to get ever man off the hill? They don't even have a Hyw up the BC coast? There is a reason for that. If the US Army couldn't build it in WW2, then there is a reason for that. There is a reason why they won't be tethering in a lot of that ground also
I see the old US concrete bunkers where they hung the gun turrets up an down the BC coast when I was falling. Cool!!

Last edited:

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Skeansey thinks tethering is going to get ever man off the hill? They don't even have a Hyw up the BC coast? There is a reason for that. If the US Army couldn't build it in WW2, then there is a reason for that. There is a reason why they won't be tethering in a lot of that ground also
I see the old US concrete bunkers where they hung the gun targets up an down the BC coast when I was falling. Cool!!

BC coast is adapting it as well.

Last edited:

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’ll get a picture of some of the ground they’ve been cutting, the operator said it’s not the steepest slope they’ve cut yet. Honestly I don’t care for it myself I don’t trust the cable or cables to hold a 90k machine on the hill. The area where I am is the hot bed for two of the manufacturers of the gear so we’ve seen a ton of it going on in this area an area that was all hand cut ground till about 2 years ago now it’s all tethered ground with one cutter that is cutting one day a week is what we were told now.

oh no...I have seen some of the stuff you posted. It is quite amazing.