jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
4:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man that’s a shame, some pretty country along the river there.

And that's the North Umpqua, which has always been more pristine than other rivers in the region because it's had special status for a long time.

The South Umpqua was more heavily logged in the 50's through the 80's and for years, wasn't as nice as the North Umpqua.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s something pretty cool probably the only video of one working too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That machine was ahead of it's time for sure in the 80's. 4-Corner travel and stabilization, two piece boom, and not much counterweight to get in the way. Is the still an active manufacturer Skeans ??

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That machine was ahead of it's time for sure in the 80's. 4-Corner travel and stabilization, two piece boom, and not much counterweight to get in the way. Is the still an active manufacturer Skeans ??

Washington Iron Works is long gone and Allied System here in Oregon was the last one producing this machine but hasn’t probably since the 90’s?

European manufacturer OSA were doing something similar around the same time on rubber tires.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Post some Valmet//Komatsu pics if you get a chance man. Yinzers stay protected out there. Hats off to you guys!!

I don’t see much red stuff we run 100 percent green CTL equipment. I prefer the boom being in front of me for cutting the lengths we do all the time. For the forwarder the Deere/Timberjack used a larger center bearing like a rotax bearing which we feels is stronger for carrying out the 36’s on the extension system. If I do see one or demo I will get some pictures and a video.