Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
9:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made the first three-cut of my life today, I'm pretty sure you guys planning on racing in December can go ahead and surrender now.
Enjoy!!

First time I ever started this saw. I bought a 395 to find out what all the fuss is about :)
This particular model has a problem with the safety switch so you can only pull the throttle trigger when the tip of the bar is pointed down. It wont pull at all with the tip pointed up like you normally would to start a cut in a cant.
I also stuffed the dang dawg in the cant once :(
Generally awkward and poor technique.
Hopefully my saw and chain can make up for my personal failings:zpong:

My guess is you have something in the handle (like a piece of plastic or rock) that moves into place to stop the trigger when tilted back. Try shaking the saw to get it loose. The difficult thing to do is get the object out. I had the same problem with a 346. The piece eventually lodged where the trigger was stuck at about 1/4 throttle. I ended up having to replace the tank handle.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
is there a list of activity's now? Since the KY and TN gtg has been merged kind of interested to see about a bonfire activity, Sit around and chat meeting people in real life seems great to me saws can come second.
Grab a chair chat listen to a little music.
It's going to be great to meet most everyone from the forum really excited, Maybe could set up a area for people to trade parts to help someone get a project going or just to rid themselves of excess parts.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My guess is you have something in the handle (like a piece of plastic or rock) that moves into place to stop the trigger when tilted back. Try shaking the saw to get it loose. The difficult thing to do is get the object out. I had the same problem with a 346. The piece eventually lodged where the trigger was stuck at about 1/4 throttle. I ended up having to replace the tank handle.
And I ended up with a sweet little 346 to use!!
Woo-hoo!!!
I been beating that thing like a rented mule...
Lol..

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sooo, what are we eating other than roasted pig? Food is required. We surely need some sugary confections of sorts. Need to stay fueled for all the talking that will done.

Shea

I'm inviting all you guys/gals/folks up here for a GTG. So......in my mind that means I need to be prepared to feed y'all.

My wife and I will be making potato salad, coleslaw, baked/smoked beans, etc. I'm sure we will make some chess pies, etc. I hope you guys will bring whatever it is you want to drink, and maybe chips, desserts, etc.

When the date gets closer, I think we should start a list.

Who is coming?

How many will be with you?

What are you bringing to feed the masses?

Will you need a place to plug in?

Etc.....etc.....etc.....

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I ended up with a sweet little 346 to use!!
Woo-hoo!!!
I been beating that thing like a rented mule...
Lol..

You get a half dozen tanks out of it; then I get it back and get about 1 before it goes south. Something is wrong with this picture.

Greenthorn

Least Informed OPE Member
Local time
3:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag