Tell me a joke.....

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
11:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the phrase "go ahead and backup" is the root of the problem...
Correct. And, sometimes you have to move backwards in order to go forward once again. Remember the rats mazes? I've even run into this when repairing chainsaws, especially Stihls. Stihl delights in forcing mechanics to follow precise sequential dis-assembly and assembly steps.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I must reply with my most recent use of this product. I don't like to drop start big saws and my knees don't like concrete. So, I place a 5-gal bucket upside down and place the saw on the bottom. That gets it off the ground and just at the right height for pulling the cord. If I want a little more height, I just put a pail inside another one.

Resting the saw on that bucket also makes it easier to tune the carb and to conduct a compression test inside the shop. These are also really easy to transport to wherever I want to work. When the saw poops a little oil, it often drips on the bucket's bottom, which is easy to clean. The empty 5-gal bucket has thus suddenly become my friend that I wish I had known 20 years ago.
Bucket Assistant.JPG
My thanks to Philbert for post #1967 that motivated me to try it. Yes, perhaps this should have been posted elsewhere. Forgive me, but I think a few of you are smiling, especially those who use a log out in the woods to support the saw while starting it.

Last edited:

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Calvin Coolidge was a member of my college fraternity, so stories about "Silent Cal" were everywhere. On a social occasion at the White House, two brothers made a $50 bet that the other one could not get Coolidge to say more than two words. The brother who thought he could do it walked up to the President and said, "Sir, my best friend here just bet me $50 that I could not get you to say more than two words. Mr. President, will you please oblige because as a college student, I am a little short on funds these days. I'm sure you understand."

Coolidge looked at him, smiled, shook his head and quietly said, "You lose."

JBW1

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I must reply with my most recent use of this product. I don't like to drop start big saws and my knees don't like concrete. So, I place a 5-gal bucket upside down and place the saw on the bottom. That gets it off the ground and just at the right height for pulling the cord. If I want a little more height, I just put a pail inside another one.

Resting the saw on that bucket also makes it easier to tune the carb and to conduct a compression test inside the shop. These are also really easy to transport to wherever I want to work. When the saw poops a little oil, it often drips on the bucket's bottom, which is easy to clean. The empty 5-gal bucket has thus suddenly become my friend that I wish I had known 20 years ago.
View attachment 252258
My thanks to Philbert for post #1967 that motivated me to try it. Yes, perhaps this should have been posted elsewhere. Forgive me, but I think a few of you are smiling, especially those who use a log out in the woods to support the saw while starting it.
Thank you for the idea. I used this today!

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
bzmuB1J.jpg

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From my high school geometry teacher:

Indian Chief White Cloud married three squaws who lived on three different hides. The squaw who lived on the buffalo hide bore him three sons. The squaw who lived on the deer hide bore him four sons. The squaw who lived on the hippopotamus hide bore him five sons.

Therefore, I conclude that the square of the sons of the squaw born on the hippopotamus hide is equal to the sum of the squares of the sons of the squaws born on the other two hides.