Tecomec quality good? Husky 242

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We all know that Meteor make quality but their 242 piston doesnt match at all.
242 had window design just like 254 and 262 has, and if I remember correct the ring pin is located against intake port.
This is link to one ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Piston-Kit-...327191?hash=item27f2befc17:g:dMoAAOSwNphWZymx
After study the meteor design it doesnt have window, and the ring pin is located between the transfer port &exhaust port.

This bring me over to Tecomec,
Link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUSQVARNA-2...723469?hash=item58a758990d:g:56UAAOxygj5Se~w6
I can't see where the ring pin is located, but it had window design as 242 oem has.

My question is, are Tecomec quality just as good as Meteor?
And is it possible to buy just the pistons and not the whole kit?

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
1:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Spike60 and I were having a conversation about this a while back as OEM is NLA. He recommended the Mako pistons, said that he had used them in several saws with great success. I have since used a few of them and have been quite pleased, fit and finish has been excellent. I have been using OEM rings and circlips though.

Joe

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tecomec is top notch, I think i have a 242 kit in my stuff i can post up some pics, in my opinion they are on par with oem. a while back tecomec was the only name in aftermarket jugs. they were a little cheaper than oem but the quality was great.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tecomec is top notch, I think i have a 242 kit in my stuff i can post up some pics, in my opinion they are on par with oem. a while back tecomec was the only name in aftermarket jugs. they were a little cheaper than oem but the quality was great.
thanks David, picture would be great, special of the piston.
Do you know if Tecomec sell piston seperate?

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thanks David, picture would be great, special of the piston.
Do you know if Tecomec sell piston seperate?
I have no idea I would assume you would be able to find it. They are made in italy if I remember so they are on your side of the pond you should be able to track it down.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Resurrecting an Zombie thread here... but this is helping me come tom a decision... Anyone ever figure out if one can buy a stand-alone piston from Tecomec?

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The Tecomec kit is good quality, ordered 1 for my dealer to use and it has been going strong for a while now, with regular to heavy use. Think they only come as a complete kit though.