High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Tanka ECS-3351 question

nnero

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My 'lil tanaka has been giving me fits recently. It won't run off of choke, as soon as I give it gas, it dies. H and L are adjusted according to the owners manual (limiter caps have been removed). I cleaned the carb and inlet screen. Diaphragms look ok, no holes or tears but are a little stiff, so I think a carb kit is a good idea at this point, just to be sure and I am sick of tearing it apart. Every screw on this is Phillips and I have def been taking torx heads for granted lol. My issue is that I cant find a carb kit for it. I know its a walbro carb, just dont remember the number and Im away from home right now. Maybe I am being dumb. thanks. heres a pic of the little SOB.
IMG_0802[1].JPG

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My 'lil tanaka has been giving me fits recently. It won't run off of choke, as soon as I give it gas, it dies. H and L are adjusted according to the owners manual (limiter caps have been removed). I cleaned the carb and inlet screen. Diaphragms look ok, no holes or tears but are a little stiff, so I think a carb kit is a good idea at this point, just to be sure and I am sick of tearing it apart. Every screw on this is Phillips and I have def been taking torx heads for granted lol. My issue is that I cant find a carb kit for it. I know its a walbro carb, just dont remember the number and Im away from home right now. Maybe I am being dumb. thanks. heres a pic of the little SOB.
View attachment 8801
Did you use carb cleaner or break cleaner

nnero

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I used carb cleaner. I just opened up the H and L jets when I cleaned it, maybe I will remove them when I have it out again.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have had bad luck with carb cleaner seams to dry up diaphragms gaskets

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i would say a kit will help.i believe those saws were on the shelf too long and the diaphrams stiffened up over time.mine gave me a little trouble after leaving gas in it for a few days.sometimes it works.sometimes it doesnt.

nnero

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hmm yeah that sounds about right. Think Im gonna leave work early so I can get the model number off the carb and still have time to stop by the dealer and see if he has a carb kit.