Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They always have discounts running. If you stay 2 nights you get like a 40% discount with coupon codes. Also the trick is not to go on Friday or Saturday night, then it is over $300 a night regular price. Price drops way off for a week night.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah it dropped way off to 270 on a Wednesday lol. Main problem here is its next to Cabelas a Nascar track and an uppity outlet mall. So theres plenty of suckers around.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah it dropped way off to 270 on a Wednesday lol. Main problem here is its next to Cabelas a Nascar track and an uppity outlet mall. So theres plenty of suckers around.
So is ours!! Haha. But ours is Bass Pro Shops across the interstate, there is a huge mall there as well and the Nascar track is just a few miles the other direction.

Don't forget that I mentioned there is always a coupon code good for like 40% off your stay.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So is ours!! Haha. But ours is Bass Pro Shops across the interstate, there is a huge mall there as well and the Nascar track is just a few miles the other direction.

Don't forget that I mentioned there is always a coupon code good for like 40% off your stay.

I'll look it up one of these days.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll look it up one of these days.
The coupon code is good for like 30% off one night and 2 or more nights it's like 40%. This was our second time going. Neither time cost us more than $350 for 2 nights. It's a blast. As adults you have fun! And the prices are all over the place. Look up the cost in multiple different weeks. They vary, I have no idea their pricing algorithm but it was like $20 for the trip cheaper if we went this week vs a few weeks away?

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Go on line & read about those elect shift Honda's, they have problems, I know, mine has them.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, some updates: our friend @stihl livin found a nice looking Arctic Cat 700 Prowler for $4300. Obviously more than I (my wife) wanted to spend, but offers some major benefits over an ATV. So, I managed to talk her into it. Talked the seller down to $4000 also, which helps. Of course I then had to look for other cheap side by sides since she's now on board with that idea. You guy's wives never change their minds do they??

So, I found a 2011 Ranger EV not far away. A little more than the Arctic Cat, but not much. Honestly, I know people will be split on the battery thing, but for my application, I think it's the best option. It'll never leave my property, so I'm always close to power. Even if it had a 2 mile range, that'd be more than enough. I like the idea of not having another gas rig on the property. No oil changes, less premium gas to buy, no starters or spark issues. And best of all, quiet. That's always been my main issue with off road vehicles. My place is super quiet and secluded enough that ATVs etc are always a bit obnoxious. The idea of a ranger that sounds like a golf cart is really great.

I've heard of a few issues with the chargers on the early ones, and obviously batteries only last so long, but this one has newer batteries and hopefully an updated charger. Not positive on that though. I did call a couple of Polaris dealers who didn't say anything bad about them compared to a gas rig, so that's good.

Anyway, going to look at it and hopefully pick it up on Monday morning. It'll really be a great addition to our fleet. I'll post some pics when I get it home.

Thanks for the help in the search everyone. I learned a lot about all this stuff, which was totally foreign to me.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, some updates: our friend @stihl livin found a nice looking Arctic Cat 700 Prowler for $4300. Obviously more than I (my wife) wanted to spend, but offers some major benefits over an ATV. So, I managed to talk her into it. Talked the seller down to $4000 also, which helps. Of course I then had to look for other cheap side by sides since she's now on board with that idea. You guy's wives never change their minds do they??

So, I found a 2011 Ranger EV not far away. A little more than the Arctic Cat, but not much. Honestly, I know people will be split on the battery thing, but for my application, I think it's the best option. It'll never leave my property, so I'm always close to power. Even if it had a 2 mile range, that'd be more than enough. I like the idea of not having another gas rig on the property. No oil changes, less premium gas to buy, no starters or spark issues. And best of all, quiet. That's always been my main issue with off road vehicles. My place is super quiet and secluded enough that ATVs etc are always a bit obnoxious. The idea of a ranger that sounds like a golf cart is really great.

I've heard of a few issues with the chargers on the early ones, and obviously batteries only last so long, but this one has newer batteries and hopefully an updated charger. Not positive on that though. I did call a couple of Polaris dealers who didn't say anything bad about them compared to a gas rig, so that's good.

Anyway, going to look at it and hopefully pick it up on Monday morning. It'll really be a great addition to our fleet. I'll post some pics when I get it home.

Thanks for the help in the search everyone. I learned a lot about all this stuff, which was totally foreign to me.
I love my electric golf cart. Make sure you have a good float charger. Batteries at full retail for my cart are over $600 and they are needed every 5 to 7 years based on your care. Weigh that with how much gas and treatment, starters etc you will buy for your small property over a 10 year period. I buy blemished new Interstate batteries that still carry the full 1 yr warranty at half that price. I like mine to use hunting. No smell or engine sound.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Now strap a Honda genny to it, then make a roof of solar panels too.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The BMW M5 that was stored on the lift above it didn't have any oil leaks, so it's pretty clean. Been living in a climate controlled shop. On carpet...

It's in for a little change in accommodations.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The BMW M5 that was stored on the lift above it didn't have any oil leaks, so it's pretty clean. Been living in a climate controlled shop. On carpet...

It's in for a little change in accommodations.
I'm thinking that was a little more than $2000!

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm thinking that was a little more than $2000!

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

True. Paid $4500. We started seeing a few side by sides including a couple Gators for $4000 or a little less. The advantages of a side by side seemed worth it versus $2000 for a quad. The safety thing was a big part of it. Then the idea of this one being silent sealed the deal.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Quick update: the Ranger EV is becoming very handy around the farm. We had a pretty severe and lengthy mud season in our neck of the woods, so it's only just starting to be used daily.

I was having some issues with range right off the bat. I topped off the batteries with distilled water, and that helped dramatically. The previous owner said the batteries were only 3 years old and with 85 hours of use. He also said he topped them off regularly, but they were pretty low when I went to add water. It's possible that they were damaged by letting them get too low, but so far anyway the range has been good enough for about two days of light use. It's definitely not getting 25 miles to a charge like people say they will though. Only a fraction of that, but like I said, so far it's been enough. I'm sure we'll end up getting new ones someday, but I'm glad it's not necessary right now.

Here it is hauling some fresh cut oak and sugar maple today. rps20190429_202935_072.jpg