charles.mann

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Take it apart,then it's a box of parts.
Now that is thinking outside the box.

To bad i cant get ahold of the builder or id jump through hoops to tear it down and box it up tomorrow for my flt on tue.

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It
Now that is thinking outside the box.

To bad i cant get ahold of the builder or id jump through hoops to tear it down and box it up tomorrow for my flt on tue.
It might not be worth jumping through hoops to take it to a porter who doesn't seem to want to communicate with you. I don't know who you are wanting to get it ported by, but communication is very important.

Int1968

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It

It might not be worth jumping through hoops to take it to a porter who doesn't seem to want to communicate with you. I don't know who you are wanting to get it ported by, but communication is very important.

lots of more than capable members in this forum, I’d find someone else

charles.mann

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
lots of more than capable members in this forum, I’d find someone else

I was put in contact with the builder by one of the members here. He did offer his service if the other guy was back logged.

charles.mann

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If you are still bent on an adjustable, wj69 or 76 will bolt right on. Detach mtron harness from carb and tie it up in carb box. Will run with mtron coil.

Im not hell bent on a manual carb, and after doing some research the past couple days, it seems the ported m-tronics work well for the application the guys are asking of it. But, i would still prefer to have a manual set on hand as a back up.

I did notice though, i have the older black solenoid, which hasn't given me any fits, but I'm thinking i might as well do the upgrade to the white solenoid and pick up filter. Im try to get ahold of the guy a few more times, explain to him that i was a complete dips&!t for not knowing my saw was electronic, which may be the reason he didn't answer or return my call, thinking to himself, if he doesnt know what saw he has, is he competent in operating it. I am competent, not skillful as many others, but not a complete moron in operating my equipment.
I didn't see any reason in tearing into something that wasn't giving me any issues.

If i can't get ahold of this guy, are there any recommendation as to who would be another really good builder? come 1 nov, i won't be picking anything up heavier than a gallon of tea for several months, so i won't be in a rush to get it back.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think your putting too much thought into a problem you don't have.
Nobody replaces the fuel pump in their car because it someday may quit working.
Run it until it gives you an issue, repair the issue and keep running it.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
1:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How about a timing belt? :couch:

charles.mann

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Yes, im thinking of a fix for something that might or might not happen. is there something wrong with having some forethought (thinking ahead).

In case you didnt see it the first time in my previous post, i’ll repeat it. I will run what i have, except for upgrading to the newer solenoid and a better filter?

what is wrong upgrading to the most current replacement part for a part that stihl knows is prone to failure? I look at it similar to that of your fuel pump analogy, where the manufacturer puts a recall out on said fuel pump bc it is prone to failure.
If the solenoid is prone to failure, why not replace it before it happens?

@ElevatorGuy or @redline4 am i asking you to spend your money on my saw? NO, im spending MY money on MY saw. If y’all dont like it, not my problem.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Yes, im thinking of a fix for something that might or might not happen. is there something wrong with having some forethought (thinking ahead).

In case you didnt see it the first time in my previous post, i’ll repeat it. I will run what i have, except for upgrading to the newer solenoid and a better filter?

what is wrong upgrading to the most current replacement part for a part that stihl knows is prone to failure? I look at it similar to that of your fuel pump analogy, where the manufacturer puts a recall out on said fuel pump bc it is prone to failure.

@ElevatorGuy or @redline4 am i asking you to spend your money on my saw? NO, im spending MY money on MY saw. If y’all dont like it, not my problem.
I don’t know whether it’s your intent or not but you are coming off as rather confrontational. You’ve gotten a lot of great advice here from regular members just looking to help out. You might want to think about tuning the aggression screw down a bit. Thanks in advance.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Dude, you need to chill out. I was simply asking a question as to the thought process as I personally dont see the point in replacing something just to replace it.
I could could give a chit less what you spend your money on be it moon rocks or hookers and blow.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t know whether it’s your intent or not but you are coming off as rather confrontational. You’ve gotten a lot of great advice here from regular members just looking to help out. You might want to think about tuning the aggression screw down a bit. Thanks in advance.
Mayhaps he has an auto tune yap?

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Dude, you need to chill out. I was simply asking a question as to the thought process as I personally dont see the point in replacing something just to replace it.
I could could give a chit less what you spend your money on be it moon rocks or hookers and blow.
Pics of moon rock hookers and blow?