Stihl MS 661C

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How so? The proof is on paper. Cry about it if you like, it won't change the facts.

The paper is the only place it's more powerful..

I got to run the 543xp version they make..that was pretty sad..

Whoever told you that lied to you or doesn't like you very much.

RockiesRider

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The paper is the only place it's more powerful..

I got to run the 543xp version they make..that was pretty sad..

Whoever told you that lied to you or doesn't like you very much.

To be clear, not the standard neotec saws, the farmac pro models. As for them not liking me, they can take a number and see how much it bothers me.

charles.mann

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
What I don't understand is how does a person not know if your saw is M-tronic or not? The lack of adjusting screws on the side not give it away??? Honesty, I wouldn't recommend this guy buying a regular carb saw if it took him this long to finally look into tuning his current saw..

good thing i dont need your recommendation or approval to do or buy anything. I never had any signs the saw was performing poorly to warrant making an adjustment. Why fix it till it breaks? My JR2166 only needed 2 carb adjustments in 8 yrs, once with the original carb and once after a new carb was put it.

@RockiesRider
I found a stihl 660 that needs a new p&c bc the previous owner over tightened the spark plug and stripped the threads, and supposedly at least a rebuild of the carb, for $200, bc the seller was quoted $680 for repairs and he didnt want to have over $1200 in the saw, sold it to cut his losses.
It’ll be sent off for porting work and go from there for any other maint it needs.

KingCobra98

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
good thing i dont need your recommendation or approval to do or buy anything. I never had any signs the saw was performing poorly to warrant making an adjustment. Why fix it till it breaks? My JR2166 only needed 2 carb adjustments in 8 yrs, once with the original carb and once after a new carb was put it.

@RockiesRider
I found a stihl 660 that needs a new p&c bc the previous owner over tightened the spark plug and stripped the threads, and supposedly at least a rebuild of the carb, for $200, bc the seller was quoted $680 for repairs and he didnt want to have over $1200 in the saw, sold it to cut his losses.
It’ll be sent off for porting work and go from there for any other maint it needs.

I don't have time for brain dead people, so thank you for not asking for my approval!

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@RockiesRider

Unless I’m missing something, I wouldn’t replace that cylinder. I would repair the spark plug threads and go..

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Stirring the pot here, but this is 180 degree change in direction from what you were trying to argue on the 2nd page about the MTronic solenoid swap... Just sayin!

charles.mann

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Unless I’m missing something, I wouldn’t replace that cylinder. I would repair the spark plug threads and go..

The P&C are pretty scored. The guy going to port it said it could be repaired but with scoring on the piston im opting to replace both and start with new.

Going 180 is bc i got thst 660 and the guy porting recommended finding a manual carb and leaving the M tronic as is. He said he would do what i asked but recommended finding a saw to start fresh with.
Hard used 660 saws were/are going $800-1100, i paid $200 for the one i got.

KingCobra98

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trust me, i wont ask you for anything. Are you looking in the mirror when referring to brain dead people?

Lol!! I remember hearing people using that response in middle school!

Look, it's all over the good ol interweb. You pretty much showed everyone how much of an idiot you are. Like I said, you are brain dead for not knowing what YOU own. You also went on to say you never adjusted your other saw because it never gave YOU problems.. SO with that said, why the F do you care if your 661 has wires OR screws if it never gave you problems!!!!??? It's kinda funny reading post of guys freaking out over computer driven saws. Especially if they didn't have a problem yet. I bet driving your car every day must really give you a head ach with all those electronics!! Or are you still riding that horse to work???

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The P&C are pretty scored. The guy going to port it said it could be repaired but with scoring on the piston im opting to replace both and start with new.

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt here (against my better judgement) because you may not have known that cylinder was scored yet at the time of the post about the plug threads being damaged. However, I’m warning you: be specific in your posts and don’t leave out important information like this or your going to continue to find that you’ll have to defend yourself in future posts.. Right now it looks like you’re chasing your tail, and your also typing out your random thoughts and ideas for us all to see, yet leaving out information for us to try and piece this puzzle together. Again, be specific and detailed. We can’t read your mind. And we don’t like our time being wasted.

Finnrpm

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Noticed that you have 4701 A coil.
My recommendation would be to get M-Tronic service kit 1141 007 1801. Just in case if your 661 would give you solenoid related problems.
It has solenoid, coil & fuel filter bunched up. And the coil is 4702 A which is new version for M-Tronic. And yes if using 4702 A coil, new reset procedure is used...
And kit is/was a bargain compared to getting individual parts.

Just my 2 (euro) cents.....
RV
Mtronic_satz.jpg stff.jpg coil.jpg