Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Junk.

They prolly got 8 year old Indonesian girls slapping these things together.

Bastards.
Without trying to sound like a smart a$$ it was likely done by machine . An automatic cir-clip installer is one complicated SOB .This is not a BS story because I've spent hours cussing those damned things .

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Without trying to sound like a smart a$$ it was likely done by machine . An automatic cir-clip installer is one complicated SOB .This is not a BS story because I've spent hours cussing those damned things .

My post was just a joke Al.

How's it going my friend?

nohoff

professional flusher
Local time
11:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I once had a FS 260 with a double circlip on the flywheel side
It took 3 tanks of gas for the total desaster.

German dealers have a lot of room for the warranty repairs.
I stated it destroyed piston/cylinder and the crankshaft + labor so we got enough money from Stihl to get whole power head of a new machine and we sold the other pieces.
As a dealer this was a nice extra cash, only 150 € difference between complete FS 260 and the powerhead so we sold the other parts for around 250 €.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My post was just a joke Al.

How's it going my friend?
I knew it was a joke .Things are going okay on my end .Kind of hectic here of late ,lady fair is in the process of selling her place to become a resident of the northern corn fields once again.She's kind of came full circle right back to where she started .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could elaborate about modern high speed production methods and blow the minds of most .They just would not believe what modern CNC controlled machines and robots can do .Never the less you have this little thing called human error and no amount of quality control methods can eliminate all of it . That cir-clip was what we used to call a "bonus " part .-----Zhit happens .

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I knew it was a joke .Things are going okay on my end .Kind of hectic here of late ,lady fair is in the process of selling her place to become a resident of the northern corn fields once again.She's kind of came full circle right back to where she started .

I made the full circle as well. Started my life just a few miles from where I'm at now. Raised in NC, then ran away from the rat race, and back to the farm.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was a Stihl dealer I saw this three times, twice on a MS 660 and once on a MS 460. I will say this is one defect that I have yet to see from Husqvarna. Seen every thing else though...

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chances are if the clip installer jammed another one over a previously installed clip the transducers were not set up correctly .On modern CNC controlled assembly machines they can run multiple parts .Say a 660 size piston and a 460 size right behind it .However the machine must recognize what it has to get it right .I will say this ,this type of machine has to be the most complicated of any I ever worked on .Robots are a piece of cake compared to these as far as I'm concerned .

nohoff

professional flusher
Local time
11:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
On the assembly line in germany they only assemble the same type of machine for some days and then setup the machines for the other model.
Its not a robot that puts the circlip in. One circlip is installed at the piston factory and one is installed at the saw assembly line with a pneumatic special tool by a worker.