Stihl carburetor adjustment tool.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a fellow Canadian tech that got in touch asking I have seen the new 8 point (octagon) mixture screws yet. My question has any here seen them yet? If so do you have PN for the tool so I can get me and pass the PN on to my fellow Canadian tech?

Never mind found the PN myself.

Last edited:

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like most of my posts I never really get an answer to my questions. So frustrating to help but not get helped. Apart from getting the requested manuals.

But here is the PN. Just drop STL prefix.
upload_2022-3-3_7-24-16.png

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are all the new Stihls with adjustable carbs coming through with this new screw?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like most of my posts I never really get an answer to my questions. So frustrating to help but not get helped. Apart from getting the requested manuals.

But here is the PN. Just drop STL prefix.
View attachment 329121
It’s not that we don’t want to help. But most of us simply have no idea what carburetor adjusting tool fits a saw we haven’t seen yet.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s not that we don’t want to help. But most of us simply have no idea what carburetor adjusting tool fits a saw we haven’t seen yet.
OH it is just probably me as mechanic that has extra tough problems that no one else ever seen. More venting than anything else but I have a few posts here that went completely unanswered.

But for carburetor no they all still have different tools. I just got three Stihl carbs. One is flat tip, one is hex, and then comes along the octagon on some latest equipment. Just too many to keep up with. I even had get the A circle ones last year on another brand, dont remember which as that was dozen machines ago.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OH it is just probably me as mechanic that has extra tough problems that no one else ever seen. More venting than anything else but I have a few posts here that went completely unanswered.

But for carburetor no they all still have different tools. I just got three Stihl carbs. One is flat tip, one is hex, and then comes along the octagon on some latest equipment. Just too many to keep up with. I even had get the A circle ones last year on another brand, dont remember which as that was dozen machines ago.
There are probably only a couple ope mechanics on here, as far as guys who do it for a living and see multiple units a day. The rest of us are just homeowner types, loggers, firewooders, or porting hacks that hate their day job.
Glad you found the tool you were looking for. I’m sure the rest of us will be wondering where to get one when the time comes

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You always have to remember: All this kind of info is copyright protected and not for general sharing. Punishments on such things can be really expensive.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You always have to remember: All this kind of info is copyright protected and not for general sharing. Punishments on such things can be really expensive.
That why I didn't anything other than PN. The source doc remains hidden here on my G Drive. At least my dealer did order me the tool but even he don't know where to find the PN.

SamD

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm still looking for a reasonable price for that annoying tool. Anyone have a good source with a fair price? $20-$30 for a tool I'll use once every three years really isn't appealing.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At it is still available. It isn't ordering a carburetor GND kit from Stihl to find out 2 weeks later that now only the complete carburetor is available at $100 instead of the $15 GND kit.

It appears that either Stihl is getting greedier or they think their service personnel is too stupid to make the repairs using a repair kit.

upload_2022-4-18_10-38-33.png

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Partial list using the 5910 890 2314

Mistblowers (SR) (SR 200)

Blowers (BG, BR) (BG 56, BG 56 C)
(BG, BR) (BG 66, BG 66 C)
(BG, BR) (BG 86, BG 86 C)
(BG, BR) (BR 200)

Vacuum shredders (SH) (SH 56, SH 56 C, SH 86, SH 86 C)

Brushcutters (FS) (FS 38, FS 45, FS 45 C, FS 45 L, FS 46, FS 46 C)
(FS) (FS 55, FS 55 C, FS 55 R, FS 55 RC, FS 55 T)
(FS) (FS 120, FS 120 R, FS 200, FS 200 R, FS 250, FS 250 R)

Hedge trimmers (HS) (HS 45)
(HS) (HS 82 R, HS 82 RC, HS 82 T)
(HS) (HS 87 R, HS 87 T)

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well it is then very strange as none of the following machine models that I have serviced hasn't had a eight sided adjustment screws to date. Several had a six sided adjustment screws.
upload_2022-4-20_12-36-13.png

Last edited:

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well it is then very strange as none of the following machine models that I have serviced has had a eight sided adjustment screws to date. Several had a six sided adjustment screws.
View attachment 334231
Wow that is strange. Good to know. The info I posted is out of 2019 ipls. Wonder if new equipment is getting different screws?

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did make a correction to my previous post. As was to say hasn't had but a customer came in before I proof read the post.

I think that is probably what is happening. That is the reason behind me buying the Octagon tool just to have it on hand when I do see the new screws. No point waiting to the last minute I do know they are changing the Zama carburetor model scheme. Until a couple years ago I didn't even the Hex tool then when one came it took a couple months to get the tool.