Reaction score
Great minds think alike, and fools seldom differ :beer-toast1:

TimRD

Makin' Little Ones Out of Big Ones
Local time
4:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
For the hell of it I emailed a guy about a Stihl 090 that was supposedly down in Atlanta, and these are the pictures they guy sent back to me...

upload_2016-9-16_11-31-9.png

Some common images there, may want to be leary of the sale. I'll ask this guy for the serial number and see what he says.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
AV that's got no AV? that's a metal to metal bone rattling none AV 090 and mostly after market parts by the looks of it..Mutton dressed up as lamb?....

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
3:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
AV that's got no AV? that's a metal to metal bone rattling none AV 090 and mostly after market parts by the looks of it..Mutton dressed up as lamb?....
I've ran a "av" model and it was like a jackhammer,couldn't imagine a non "av" one.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the hell of it I emailed a guy about a Stihl 090 that was supposedly down in Atlanta, and these are the pictures they guy sent back to me...

View attachment 33796

Some common images there, may want to be leary of the sale. I'll ask this guy for the serial number and see what he says.
That's the exact same email this guy sent me.
Funny after I asked for serial number pics and pictures of parts numbers he never replied.
Obviously a scam here guys. Be careful out there

TimRD

Makin' Little Ones Out of Big Ones
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, at least he cleared up the fact that it was made in Germany for us.

Definitely a scam here.

I was thinking about something too. If you buy a NOS Stihl crankcase it actually won't have a serial number on it as the dealer is supposed to transfer the existing number to the new crankcase for you. Just some food for thought, or if you ever find an 090 without one, may have been assembled from parts.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, you have to be very Leary of ads like this. Even on a "policed" sites like eBay there are still problems. I've been getting the run around with eBay and PayPal thanks to a Scammer. I'll get my money back but it is still a hassle and your time is wasted dealing with the problems that they have caused.

Glad you were not taken. The wording of the email is odd and raises some flags.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yikes! Good thing you guys got that figured out.

Hard to believe that people have enough time to sit around making up ads like this. If only they'd put their creativity into something positive for society.

I've always wondered on stuff like this, how is it that they know enough to mention the six shoe clutch, full wrap, and west coast spikes, but still can't really write an email that doesn't come off as fishy? Just funny to me I guess. Hopefully most of them stay at this level of stupidity and don't improve much.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i say find the guy and cut him into stew meat size pieces with the saw

Last edited: