ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
12:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beautiful engines love the Lionel sets I sold my sets 20yrs ago when we where skint and needed stuff but I was hoping too get a sante fe war bonnet set
In a few years

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beautiful engines love the Lionel sets I sold my sets 20yrs ago when we where skint and needed stuff but I was hoping too get a sante fe war bonnet set
In a few years

Every tume you mention the war bonnet I try to remind myself to go by the yard and get a pic of one of the newer BNSF engines painted up like that.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
12:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Every tume you mention the war bonnet I try to remind myself to go by the yard and get a pic of one of the newer BNSF engines painted up like that.

It’s funny that when I saw that photo you posted of the
shopping centre in Topeka
I thought it’s about time I watched a sante fe freighter

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh ok. I figured it was probably something like that, out railroad (NS) did that. They took a play out of Union Pacific's book and painted heritage units. It was all of the railroads of the past with the mergers over the years that made up what Norfolk Southern is today.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh ok. I figured it was probably something like that, out railroad (NS) did that. They took a play out of Union Pacific's book and painted heritage units. It was all of the railroads of the past with the mergers over the years that made up what Norfolk Southern is today.

Just looked NS Heritage units up. Had no idea they had that many! Below is a link to each paint scheme.

http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscorp/en/news/norfolk-southernsheritagelocomotives.html

1377801553600.jpg

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just looked NS Heritage units up. Had no idea they had that many! Below is a link to each paint scheme.

http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscorp/en/news/norfolk-southernsheritagelocomotives.html

View attachment 211892

Yeah they did do a good job.

As for our F units the ones that pull our higher up's presidents train are sold. Not sure if any of you heard that or not.

The A &B were for sure that I know of were sold to a short line down around the Philadelphia area. The other A&B units last time that I looked are pending sale not sure to who.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah they did do a good job.

As for our F units the ones that pull our higher up's presidents train are sold. Not sure if any of you heard that or not.

The A &B were for sure that I know of were sold to a short line down around the Philadelphia area. The other A&B units last time that I looked are pending sale not sure to who.

Yep, seen that a bit ago.