Trader history (0)

thompsoncustom

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys gives me stuff to look into as I have some short bars around here in both .325 and 3/8s probably. Still would like to run square picco just to see how it works as it's not something commonly available. I have a file I'll probably just wing it on a used chain and see how it goes.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Wanting Stihl PS Picco chain or any non safety chain 60dl .050 doesn't matter if it's filed or ground just needs to be square looking for a fast work chain for clean wood. Thanks
I had square ground Stihl PS on my 201 top handle for a hot minute. At the time I was attempting to be able to grind all my chain with just my Simington. I ended up coming to the conclusion that the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze.

Maybe I just missed it but, what saw exactly are you wanting to run the PS pico on? If it’s a smaller saw like sub-35cc okay cool it may be worth it, but on bigger stuff check out the narrow kerf .325 rsp. It’s hella fast right out of the box. Like as fast as my square work chain angles.

thompsoncustom

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had square ground Stihl PS on my 201 top handle for a hot minute. At the time I was attempting to be able to grind all my chain with just my Simington. I ended up coming to the conclusion that the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze.

Maybe I just missed it but, what saw exactly are you wanting to run the PS pico on? If it’s a smaller saw like sub-35cc okay cool it may be worth it, but on bigger stuff check out the narrow kerf .325 rsp. It’s hella fast right out of the box. Like as fast as my square work chain angles.
Saw is a ported/machine work 026 power isn't an issue. I might have to check out that .325 RSP chain

thompsoncustom

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You won’t be disappointed,
ya the 026 could use a bigger bar anyways and the .325 I have might be a 18in. I just like playing around so will try square filing the picco at some point as the current chain on there is about spent.

The stihl Picco chain rivets are stronger than I thought they would be as I did run it on my 660 with the 16in bar and a 10 tooth sprocket once or twice....Talk about chain speed.