farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
12:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Use a 328 JD with kicker. Rebuilt tie fingers, auger shaft and bearing. Has been a good unit. Using kicker needs 7200, any thinner and watch them blow apart.
I will second this.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doing great Chuck. Cut 23 acres today. That's the last for the year. Takes a long time to get it dry this late in the season. Heavy dew today....

How are you and your family?
All doing well thankfully Randy. Maybe once you get your hay picked up & now that you sold your calves you & Glenda could getaway for a short time & disconnect & recharge. I know it seems like the work never stops for you.Sometimes I just put this phone away for a few days & stay away from the internet & it seems to help me clear my head of a lot of nonsense that doesn’t belong there. Of course that’s just me.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All doing well thankfully Randy. Maybe once you get your hay picked up & now that you sold your calves you & Glenda could getaway for a short time & disconnect & recharge. I know it seems like the work never stops for you.Sometimes I just put this phone away for a few days & stay away from the internet & it seems to help me clear my head of a lot of nonsense that doesn’t belong there. Of course that’s just me.

I did that today. Just picked it up....

Definitely helps.

Muad

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New Holland 315 for small squares, and. Deutz GP520 for rounds (soft core 5x5s).

Love the 315 for squares, she's been a good baler. I don't do a lot of hay, about 20-25 acres, although we just planted a new 8 acre field.

I run both with a little Ford 3930.

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to run 2 x 376 New Hollands and they had some idiosyncrasies that could catch an inexperienced operators out. Always wanted an inline Hesston and I think that design is still going under the Massey Ferguson brand . They could bale real fast in good going .

Nighthunter

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to run 2 x 376 New Hollands and they had some idiosyncrasies that could catch an inexperienced operators out. Always wanted an inline Hesston and I think that design is still going under the Massey Ferguson brand . They could bale real fast in good going .
that was one of the model balers I'm looking at, what did you find wrong with them

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
that was one of the model balers I'm looking at, what did you find wrong with them
I found that you had to keep the chains that runs the feed mechanism real tight and if the chains had any visible wear on them you needed to replace them or risk them jumping off and destroying the feeding system. Also the bearings inside the feeding system had plastic caps on and if they weren't checked regularly for wear it could send things out of line and start clashing with alsorts inside there.
The feeding tines that pull the hay across the floor also can break particularly the one nearest the plunger. They are a good baler if they are looked after though and you've learned what to watch out for . I keeled a set of the angled feed tines in the tool box all the time as they only took a few minutes to change out. One interesting thing I found was run them on a tractor that was on the limit power wise to run them and most problems went away.

Last edited:

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The Inline Hesstons are under the AGCO umbrella & are the way to with square Balers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro