some old saws in my small collection

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
3:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked all through my pics and can`t find a closeup of that particular saw. I think Photo Bucket is holding them for ransom so I borrowed these pics from Mr. Mike Acres sight for now,

1.3A24

So many quirks and features on that one.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So many quirks and features on that one.

The history of that saw is rather interesting, to the best of my knowledge and that is only what I picked up over the years is that Husqvarna asked a company, Crescent, that made outboard motors to adapt one to make a chainsaw. Crescent took a 4 hp outboard engine and made it into the 06 seen in the pics. Later another version came along with some improvements called a MS70, then E70 and later F70 but they never really became popular. With more development and research these early saws became the base for the model 65, this I have read but with a lot of old chainsaw history its bits and pieces of information what other collectors and individuals have heard.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there a good online source for chainsaw history?

There are some books around with information on certain makers and one book, Chainsaws a History by David Lee that covers a lot of it.

Dasser82

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are some books around with information on certain makers and one book, Chainsaws a History by David Lee that covers a lot of it.
It's a great read and resource. Mine took a while to arrive (bookstore waiting on a new batch to be printed).

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beautiful oh two eight, Looks like it's never seen wood.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beautiful oh two eight, Looks like it's never seen wood.
It was started once, made one cut through a 6" dia log and shut down, fuel and oil drained. Has been in its case since, I have never fueled it, previously owned by a doctor who had no need for a saw, he paid others to do gardening, landscape and arborist work.