So what did you buy today

Nate.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$50 for all the tools at a yard sale. $20 for the echo trimmer looks to have never seen grass. It was seized but not scored. My best guess is the bearings but I was able to work them free & get it running.AC720D5F-EED6-4BD5-AF24-D79E45507567.jpeg

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$50 for all the tools at a yard sale. $20 for the echo trimmer looks to have never seen grass. It was seized but not scored. My best guess is the bearings but I was able to work them free & get it running.View attachment 422330
You definitely had luck on your side.

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Battery capacity meter. Old type NC Nickel Cadmium / 5$

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240609-113913.jpg
    Screenshot_20240609-113913.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 20

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$50 for all the tools at a yard sale. $20 for the echo trimmer looks to have never seen grass. It was seized but not scored. My best guess is the bearings but I was able to work them free & get it running.View attachment 422330
That chalk line alone is over 50 bucks new. Probably closer to 70 of its the one I think it is.

Good find Nate! That's the kind of Yard sale we all want to find.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That chalk line alone is over 50 bucks new. Probably closer to 70 of its the one I think it is.

Good find Nate! That's the kind of Yard sale we all want to find.

I used to love yard sales. When my wife and I first were dating she told me that Labor Day weekend was sacred to her and her family. They camped 4-5 days at a tractor show. Now as I kid I went to the tractor show but just for the day. What I did not realize was a huge part of their camping experience was the yard sales and flea markets around the town. I discovered they yard sale in style. Her father had a old one ton box truck that he bought and built a 12 ft flatbed for. When it came to yard sale he strapped a picnic table to it, put a cooler of refreshments on, and away we went. What a site he drove us around town from yard sale to yard sale.

For the next 25 years my wife and I went all over that weekend to yard sales but we did it in a more discreet way.

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
5" angle grinder from the Czech company Narex, it's a good company, I was wondering if it still exists. $8 24 years / Although it looks more like that small grinders were made for the German company Protool by the cheaper Czech company Narex

Attachments

• IMG_20240428_160010.jpg
    IMG_20240428_160010.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I needed some motoseal
15 damn dollars at the auto parts store
IMG_20240611_142614.jpg
So i bought 6 for 36.00 off the amazon.
Screenshot_2024-06-11-15-40-46-476.jpg
1 tube was 15.86 after tax at the parts store.

Last edited:

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use Amazon a lot........too much. I generally have very good luck with them but of course there are some hiccups.

Last night I had an conversation with a rep and I have to admit I was a bit out of line. I had a few things here that needed to go back. I phoned them and got some guy I could not understand. I realize their call centers are in India but generally I get a rep that I can understand. There was no way I could understand this guy. I just hung up and tried again, no success. He called back and I flat out told him I could not understand what he was saying and asked if there was a time when I could call and get someone that I could understand. I am not exactly sure what he said.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I needed some motoseal
15 damn dollars at the auto parts store

So i bought 6 for 36.00 off the amazon.

1 tube was 15.86 after tax at the parts store.
I am a big proponent of supporting local mom and pop stores but I fully get the economics.

In 2016 my wife had a chemistry conference in Loveland Colorado. She did not want to drive the 13hrs each way by herself so I went along. During the day while she was busy I drove around the area to different stores and shops. As everyone knows gas stations post all types of signs with cigarette and beer prices, chewing tobacco also. Now Loveland/Greely is just 60-70 miles from Golden Colorado which is where the Coors brewery is and Coors makes Keystone. I noticed the signs and their really high prices. I stopped in at a local mom and pop store and talked with the owner. She was a very nice older lady. I asked her why the prices were so high there when they were just miles from where it is made. It was not just her prices she was very competitive with the big "chain stores". I assumed it was a tax thing. I told her what it sold for in my area. She said that she could not even get it for the retail price that it was where I live. Now folks there is something wrong there. I bought some Diet Pepsi and beef sticks and thanked her for the conversation

EFSM

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$20 for the echo trimmer looks to have never seen grass.
Those 260's are excellent trimmers. One of the ones I've seen was used by a beekeeper and had the clutch shroud jammed full of smeared bees (they would get sucked in through the flywheel when they attacked the engine and get misted). The engine had gotten so hot that it cooked the paint off the clutch housing. It is still running great to this day.

EFSM

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I should have known better, but I ordered a used Yealink VOIP phone transmitter base off Ebay without verified pictures of it powered on. It turns out that the seller shipped it with a 12v power adapter instead of the proper 5v. They claimed it powered on--does that mean it did a big flash and then emitted the factory installed smoke? It does NOT power on with the proper 5v adapter, even though there is no visible damage to the circuit board. I guess that's what a 30-day return policy is for. I'm amazed at how some people lack attention to detail. Make sure you have the right power/charging cord!

IMG_20240611_160841_605[1].jpg

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As a techno idiot I have to ask why anyone would want VOIP. Both of the banks I deal with and my doctor's office use them. I cannot hear a thing on them. I have to put my phone on speaker to hear them.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
6:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am a big proponent of supporting local mom and pop stores but I fully get the economics.

In 2016 my wife had a chemistry conference in Loveland Colorado. She did not want to drive the 13hrs each way by herself so I went along. During the day while she was busy I drove around the area to different stores and shops. As everyone knows gas stations post all types of signs with cigarette and beer prices, chewing tobacco also. Now Loveland/Greely is just 60-70 miles from Golden Colorado which is where the Coors brewery is and Coors makes Keystone. I noticed the signs and their really high prices. I stopped in at a local mom and pop store and talked with the owner. She was a very nice older lady. I asked her why the prices were so high there when they were just miles from where it is made. It was not just her prices she was very competitive with the big "chain stores". I assumed it was a tax thing. I told her what it sold for in my area. She said that she could not even get it for the retail price that it was where I live. Now folks there is something wrong there. I bought some Diet Pepsi and beef sticks and thanked her for the conversation

I was told Coors has complex regional pricing models. It’s supposed to account for sales volume, price competition and even financial demographics. Keystone is cheaper than other beer in the same cooler, but only by a buck or two.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told Coors has complex regional pricing models. It’s supposed to account for sales volume, price competition and even financial demographics. Keystone is cheaper than other beer in the same cooler, but only by a buck or two.
I have no idea on any of that. It is beyond my pay grade. I just used that as an example regarding my desire to keep mom and pop stores in business.

I will say I am a bit pissed off at Coors. For a few years my wife and I would take a short summer trip to a Zoo and a brewery tour. We went to the Milwaukee Zoo and Miller. We went to the St. Louis Zoo and Busch. We spent many years in southwest Wisconsin chasing saws and would stop at the local breweries. As a child she had been to Coors but I never dreamed I would see it. Chit I never thought I would see the Rockies. Well when we were out there I wanted to go to Coors and they were not giving tours. I was a bit disappointed but life goes on. I just looked and now the greedy bass turds even charge for tour tickets.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have unlimited free lines with our fiber optic internet contract. It works well overall, certainly better than the terribly unreliable land lines in our area.
So you are using VOIP for cell? You have to remember I am a techno idiot here.

furb

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went yard sailing and not much luck. Found a tool lot on Facebook that should be a good deal once I sell off what I don’t need. Ended up getting a call from a friend that thought he found some stuff that had be stolen from me. Ends up not being mine but spotted this No 15 Holland vise on the back of an old service truck. Got a sweet deal along with a bunch of other junk.5704C843-B3E4-44E4-8F16-18EDD3798E11.jpeg194F970B-7989-49E4-ACCA-423DA0D5437E.jpeg